1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Receiver Names In iPad & iPhone Apps

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Justin23, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I recently swapped my HR34 in my mancave with my HR22 in the living room and updated both location names via the Whole-Home menu on each receiver. I also updated the room location on DIRECTV.com.

For some reason the iPad & iPhone apps still show the HR34 being in the mancave and the HR22 in the living room. Does it take some time for the apps to update the location? Or is there a manual process to change the location(s)?

Thanks.

2. tbolt

tbolt Legend

Aug 22, 2009
    Try this
    On an iPad:
    Go to settings (looks like a gear in the upper right corner)
    you will see a screen with your receivers listed
    click (touch) the Blue Arrow buttons to revalidate the receivers, do this on each receiver that you have

3. tbolt

tbolt Legend

Aug 22, 2009
    On an iPhone, it works the same way

More (... at he bottom)
    Receivers
    Blue Arrow each

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I believe this has to do with the "issue" that DirecTV is having of user not being able to log in and the apps not updating....

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I believe this has to do with the "issue" that DirecTV is having of user not being able to log in and the apps not updating....

+1

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    So, net, net, a bit of patience while the server stuff gets straightened out. You are not alone!

7. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    So, net, net, a bit of patience while the server stuff gets straightened out. You are not alone!
    def not alone....lol