Channel 661-1 ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by redram38, Sep 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    I Live in Memphis Tn and the Reds are one of our home teams. All year I have been able to get the games in HD on 661-1. Today when I set to record the game it switches to 650. This is our sports channel in memphis and not in HD. Channel 650-1 and 661-1 say that the game is blacked out. Anyone else having a issue today or in the past. It will suck if I cannot see the games in HD anymore.

2. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    It has to be an error on their part. I'm near Memphis also and I'm blacked out on both channels. SD comes in, HD doesn't.

3. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Man SD sucks. You forget just how bad it is until it is the only option. I almost think I may wait till later and watch it in HD on my playstation through MLB.com

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Tell me about it. I'm in Braves territory and right about the time our RSNs went HD, most Braves games moved to the Peachtree channel, which DirecTV only carries in SD. It's the game feed with no commercials, and that's interesting, but not in HD even though it's available OTA in Atlanta that way.

5. RD in Fla

RD in Fla Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    661-1 was the Houston broadcast today on MLBEI. I had to watch the Reds in SD on 661 to get the Reds' broadcast. It was painful but I sacrificed picture quality to listen to the good guys. Wondering if it had something to do with Sunday Ticket being lit up today. One less HD broadcast being carried.

6. Laker44

Laker44 Godfather

Jun 18, 2008
    Was having this issue also. When I turned it on to watch the game, got the blacked message. Game search found the SD version on 650 which isn't my regional sports network, nor do I subscribe to Sports pack or MLB Ei, 661 is my regional sports network and should be the only channel I could watch it on.

About the 7th inning I checked and I could view the game on 661, but would still get the blacked out message on 661-1, and game search would direct me to 650 SD.

7. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Why do they take the effort to re-map another channel's HD feed if they are just going to black it out for all the people in Reds' territory?

I don't get it.