1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel 88&89 Fox H/D of D* up,n running

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by moonman, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    Yup it's live now!!! WOW............... :)

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....even though I get my local FOX HD OTA having this feed is handy just in case something goes wrong with my local FOX HD feed. (Cleveland O&O here)

3. randyshull

randyshull Cool Member

Oct 3, 2002
    YYYEeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Christmas came early!!!

4. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    Perfect timming. Thank You Direct TV. Now can we have a UPN in HD or something for O&O markets?

5. wipeout

wipeout Icon

Jul 15, 2003
    The wife just confirmed 88 is up. 24 in HD!

6. deraz

deraz Daydreamer DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 25, 2004
    Great - Don't forget football for those of us who don't have Sunday ticket.

7. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    --------------
    Same rules applies here for S/T as well as others......
    If your local Fox station is showing the same game as the National feed from
    N.Y. or L.A, then you will have to watch it from your Off air antenna. The
    H/D Nat'nl feed will not be available.

8. deraz

deraz Daydreamer DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 25, 2004
    I haven't noticed that before because the Redskins haven't been on CBS that I can remember. I am more looking forward to the playoffs and there is not much of a chance that the Skins will make it.

9. jabroni

jabroni Legend

Apr 5, 2003
    Not true as I never see CBS east or west blacked out. Probably because I have waivers for these. I am looking forward to watching the NFL this weekend on the two Fox feeds......

10. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004

11. Stevo

Stevo AllStar

Sep 13, 2004
    Yup! Going forward there will be no waivers if D* offer locals in an area, and anyone with them now is grandfathered. If you disconnect services for any reason they will not be reinstated.

12. jabroni

jabroni Legend

Apr 5, 2003
    Glad I have all four waivers in place then.....

13. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004

14. Spyfy

Spyfy Mentor

May 13, 2004
    For what it's worth I've got them up on both channels. I also receive E&W of both CBS and NBC. I "live" in a white area not served by any locals tho I do receive Nashville locals from D*. Should I be receiving the distants in HD? I also receive the distants on both E&W in SD for all networks. As it stands I get the Nashville locals, the E&W coast feeds of all networks in SD and the E&W coast feeds of the HD networks carried by D*. Do I stand a chance of losing these with the new laws? As of midnight last night they were all working fine. From reading around it seems some have been told they will lose them.

15. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    _________
    Yes I have read the same thing...after contacting D*, they lost some channels. There are some "new" rules reguarding digital white area's and
    SHVERA, but you need a lawyer to understand it. In the meantime I would
    not contact D* for anything, lest they re=run a eligability check on you again! ;)

16. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    Anybody know what satellite FOX HD West is on?

17. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004
    Opps...sorry my bad...88 is 101- 89 is 119

18. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    From SkyReport this morning:

DirecTV Adds Local Fox HD Programming

DirecTV scored a deal with the Fox Television Station Group that will allow the satellite TV service to offer Fox high-def programming in 26 designated market areas.

The Fox HD programming, available beginning today from WNYW in New York and KTTV in Los Angeles, will be available to eligible DirecTV customers in markets where Fox owns and operates stations. Those markets include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, Dallas-Forth Worth, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Detroit, Houston, Tampa, Fla., Minneapolis, Cleveland, Phoenix, Denver, Orlando, Fla., St. Louis, Baltimore, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Mo., Salt Lake City, Birmingham, Ala., Memphis, Tenn., Greensboro, N.C., Austin, Texas and Gainesville, Fla.

Customers who subscribe to a DirecTV local channel package in the Fox markets will receive Fox HD channels free of charge. Customers in the Pacific and Mountain Time zones will receive KTTV from Los Angeles and those in the Central and Eastern Time zones will receive WNYW from New York.

The Fox owned-and-operated stations reach nearly 45 percent of U.S. television homes, DirecTV said. And those viewers will have something to look forward to when Fox televises upcoming NFL playoff games and the Super Bowl on Feb. 6 in HD format.

http://www.skyreport.com (Used with permission)

19. bigbw

bigbw AllStar

Jun 25, 2003
    I don't live in a Fox O/O market, but do have a waiver to get Fox dns.. I got both Fox HD feeds when they came on this week.. I also have the HD package, perhaps that is why..

20. moonman

moonman Icon

Oct 27, 2004

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.