1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

channel moves

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by PA GIANTS FAN, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Nov 7, 2010 #1 of 12
    PA GIANTS FAN

PA GIANTS FAN AllStar

Mar 28, 2009
    Frackville PA
    TV guide and bravo are changing locations. Bravo moving to ch.237. TV guide Network moving ch.273. Not sure of exact date of move. Found info in the INSIDE DIRECTV nov./dec. bill insert.

2. Nov 7, 2010 #2 of 12
    mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Odd change. Moving Bravo up so it's next to Style and E! tells you just how completely they've abandoned their original upscale/arts/pbs programming format.

But moving TV Guide Channel between Logo and Ovation doesn't make any sense to me at all. I would have suggested leaving TV Guide where it is and putting Bravo on 250, near Oxygen and Lifetime.

3. Nov 7, 2010 #3 of 12
    jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I read a thread somewhere that mentioned that DirecTV may be doing more channel moves than just these two.

4. Nov 7, 2010 #4 of 12
    Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Great, there goes my favorite channels lists again.

5. Nov 7, 2010 #5 of 12
    Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    I wish I could organize my own channel list.

6. Nov 7, 2010 #6 of 12
    cjrleimer

cjrleimer Godfather

Nov 16, 2004
    Source?

7. Nov 7, 2010 #7 of 12
    APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    Restructuring the channels would make sense if DirecTV were to expand its premium listing that include east- and west-coast feeds, in HD (if available), of multiscreen HBO, Cinemax, Showtime/TMC/Flix, Starz/Encore, and bring in Epix. Then a 200-channel block would be wise. The last time this happened was in 1999. So, it's been over 10 years. Plenty of changes over the year in the world of cable-television programming.

8. Nov 8, 2010 #8 of 12
    dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    They just got through reorg'ing the entire premium channel block (500-560) a few months ago, & also moved ALL HD xtra channels to the 560+ block - so I highly doubt they'll be moving those again... ;)
    Don't get your hopes up on getting any new west coast premium HD feeds - we'll be lucky to get any more east HD feeds of HBO/Max alone... :rolleyes:

9. Nov 8, 2010 #9 of 12
    jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  10. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I would welcome a complete overhaul and reshuffling of channel numbers into easy to find categories. Put all the news stuff together like msnbc, fox news, cnn, hln, cnbc, fox business, etc.. then put all the sports together, all the kids stuff together, all the turner networks / superstations, your variety stuff, music and entertainment, movies and premiums, etc...

Verizon Fios does it to a pretty good extent.

11. slt101

slt101 AllStar

Jun 17, 2010
    I would welcome an overhaul too. I've only been with Direct for a couple of months but it seems like they could do a better job of grouping the different channels. My wife just said the other night that it seems like we have less channels now than before with Dish. I told her we have more now but its just takes longer to find them. Is there a way to get rid of channels on the guide that we don't get like all the out of network RSN's?

12. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Yeah I created a favorites list called FAVs. Push Menu and go to Parental, Fav's & Setup at the bottom and hit select. Next go down one to Favorite channels and hit select. Go to Edit Settings at the top and hit select. Now if you didn't set anything up before you can choose the custom list one and hit select. You can hit edit list and what I did was scroll to the right and do Add Ch's I get, and then I scrolled through and unchecked all the junk like infomercials, shopping, out of market RSN's, PPV's, etc...

I have two lists. The very bottom list has gone even more pruning to only stuff I really watch. The first custom list is basically everything I get minus Infomercials, PPV and RSN's.

When your all done and watching TV, push the yellow button and go down to Change Favorites list and then you can choose one of your custom lists of channels to be the default. Stay tuned to this site for new channel announcements because they don't automatically get added, you will have to add them yourself. They haven't really been adding much though besides Sony HD.

Now if they let me REORGANIZE those channels that would be great. I could put all the channels into groups by genre on whatever number I want. You can push guide twice to filter by category if you want, but thats not renumbering them.