Channel/Tuner Change on its own

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by MizzouTiger, Feb 1, 2019.

1. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    We were watching the local new last night on our HR44-700. All of a sudden, the channel changed to Comedy Channel. No one even had a remote in their possession. We realized that we had a series link to record "The Other Two" on Comedy Channel and had set it to start recording one minute early. We checked our "to do" list and nothing else was scheduled to record, and nothing was recording at the time of the channel change. I'm assuming that the HR44 switch to a different tuner, but I'm not sure why when there were essentially 4 free tuners. The HR44 is running 0x114B firmware, by the way. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

2. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    If this is one isolated incident, who knows? Report back if it continues to happen consistently. If it doesn't, no need to worry.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If it happens again I would do a Red Button Reset.
    Of course, I always do this when I get new software. Cleans out the old stuff.

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    This happens a lot with roaches crawling around the inside of the box. Do you have bugs?

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    How long had it been since anyone had touched the remote?