Channels I don't get

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Mr.72, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    I searched all over, no solution.

Got an HR24-700. I configure the guide to show only "Channels I get". I still see HBO, Cinemax, TMC, etc., which I don't get. I tune to those channels and of course I get the message that I don't have them and I can call customer service to get them.

I had the EXACT same issue with a HR24-100 that I used for a year before it died last week.

How do I get it to NOT show the channels I DON'T get? I mean, besides creating some custom list that happens to be exactly the channels I do get.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Unfortunately this is a long-term bug that has never been addressed completely. It gets better and worse over time but yeah, the only way to get what you want is a custom channel list.

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I believe the only channels that should be showing up incorrectly are the HBO and Cinemax channels that were added earlier this year. Mr.72, could you post exactly what channels are showing up incorrectly.

4. camattin

camattin AllStar

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm not in front of my receiver at the moment, but I can confirm that the only channels showing up for me, that I don't subscribe to, are a handful (not all) of the Cinemax channels.

First noticed the problem after a Cinemax free preview about 8 or 9 months ago. Was hoping it'd clear up after the most recent Cinemax preview, but, alas, it didn't.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    THere are a spattering of channels here and there that I don't subscribe to that do show up for me as well. Mostly a few HBO/Cinemax channels, etc...