Channels pixeling at night (Optimum/Altice)

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Gore Marc, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Gore Marc

Gore Marc New Member

Jul 5, 2020
    Hi everyone. Have a frustrating issue that so far Optimum/Altice has been unable to correct. During the day my cable works fine and all channels are working perfectly. Then around 8:15PM most channels start pixeling except for a few channels like CNBC. But all the major ones I usually watch are now pixelated. When I called for tech-support they sent a reset from their main office and said that would take care of it. It did not. Also this happens on all my 5 cable boxes and I checked in the basement and outside to see if there were any noticeably loose connections. Any suggestions or has anyone heard of this? Thanks.

2. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    have you called and had a tech come out and do a line drop test??? also the cable in your home might be shot and the signals are all over the place

3. Gore Marc

Gore Marc New Member

Jul 5, 2020
    Thanks for the reply. I am going to call again tomorrow during normal business hours and have someone come out to look. Just seems weird to me the pixeling only happens at night and only on certain channels. Just weird.