1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charges for Genie with two clients?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by somekevinguy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. somekevinguy

somekevinguy Legend

Jan 7, 2008
    I have two HD DVRs and one of the newer small recievers that can play recordings from my DVRs. I am paying the MRV fee and I have lifetime free DVR. I am moving and got a free upgrade to Genie with two clients and I am giving back all my existing equipment. What will my bill look like? Do the clients have no monthly fee so I'll save $12 a month by getting rid of two recievers? What about the MRV fee? Any others fees?

2. dishinitout

dishinitout Mentor

Jan 4, 2013
    Southern...
    Hate to break it to you but it same price monthly, clients are $6/month too each. Should keep the 2 hddvrs add the genie get rid of the HD and it'll be the same monthly price, with a lot more capabilities.

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    They wont let you get rid of the HD if you have any HD equipment on your account, unless you are in an Mpeg4 locals market.

I agree, keep the HDDVRs and get the Genie. Send back the receiver. Price will remain the same as you are paying now.

4. dishinitout

dishinitout Mentor

Jan 4, 2013
    Southern...
    I was referencing rid of HD receiver not programming for clarity

5. somekevinguy

somekevinguy Legend

Jan 7, 2008
    Oh damn that sucks. Yeah I might as well just run my two HD DVRs and the Genie. I just looked at my order confirmation email and it is all screwed up anyway. First my new street name is nowhere near right even though I spelt it for her twice. Here is my item list. What is a movers antenna? What does relocate mean? Is this setup to give me 5 TVs? There is only one client on there which should have been two which I went over with her twice to confirm but I guess doesn't matter since I want to keep my DVRs now.

Qty Description
    1 DIRECTV® Advanced WholeHome DVR $0.00
    1 Relocate Existing HD IRD $0.00
    2 Relocate Existing HDDVR IRD $0.00
    1 DIRECTV Movers Antenna Only $49.00
    1 DIRECTV® Slimline Dish $0.00
    1 DIRECTV® Client $0.00

Equipment Total $49.00

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I agree with Dishinitout. I'd keep both of your DVR's and replace the "newer small reciever that can play recordings from (your) DVRs" with the Genie.

Using Genie Clients won't save you any money and will give you 4 less tuners to record with. Plus, you won't lose the programming that's already recorded on your DVR's.

7. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I would call DirecTV and make sure the order is right, as keeping the 2 HDDVRs will put your tuner count to 9 needing a SWM16. The installer might not have it since is not on the order. Just an FYI…

8. jappleboy

jappleboy AllStar

Apr 2, 2010
    I HAVE A SWIM 16 setup with 1HDR34 AND 3 HDDVR and 1 small HD receivers pay no DVR fees and no genie fees just bought the DVR over the years.