1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chatroom background color

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by gary900, Mar 13, 2010.

1. gary900

gary900 Legend

Feb 16, 2009
    How do I change the chatroom background color? Right now it is white characters on a grey background that I can not read past the first couple of words on each line. I can change the color of MY messages, but how do I control the display of other messages?

2. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    white on grey is old messages before you entered room.. new ones should be propper color..

3. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I'd really like to change the white on grey to more easily read the older messages. It's almost impossible with the white on grey. . .

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Highlight all of the old text (click and drag over it with cursor) and it is easily read.

5. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    yeah some stuff yesterday was from 3-6 :)

6. xyzzy42

xyzzy42 AllStar

Jan 26, 2007
    I agree. The default colors are unreadable.

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    :confused: So everyone wants to change the color of the text that is there before you logged in?
    With the old chat software, there wasn't any text. With the new software, you can highlight what happened before you logged in and come up to speed, or simply use it like before and see what's there AFTER you logged in. :)

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    VOS,

Just because there was no previous text when you first logged on (since you were the first person ages ago), that doesn't mean us young'uns don't want to know what happened before we logged on... :lol:

- Merg