1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Cheap Trick: The Latest Live @ SXSW" Sunday, Nov 21

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Nick, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    From HDNet:

2. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    One of the best live rockbands of all time!!! They've been on tour essentially since something like 1975 and it shows, you'll be hard pressed to find another band that's as tight as they are, hey that many years on the road with the same line-up will do that for you! I've had the pleasure of seeing them live around 10 times over the years starting in about 1983, the last time being a couple years ago when they were on tour with Heart & Journey. Oh and if you want to see something really amazing check out their DVD performing Sgt. Pepper live. :hurah:

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    They are one awesome band, that's for sure. One minor correction though, they've had a few lineup changes over the years but they've been back to the 4 originals for a few years now.

Is the DVD from their stint in Vegas doing the Sgt. Pepper show?

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...

Yeah the original bassist left the band in 1981 and returned in 1988 but the other three members have been there for the duration. That means they've had the same line-up for something like 28 years out of the 35 or so they've been together, which is amazing compared to many bands. Heck there's some "bands" out there running around touring that only have one original member.

The DVD is actually recorded in NYC I believe but I know every so often they do a week or two of shows in Vegas doing the Sgt Pepper live, i'd love to catch that sometime, usually I find out too late to do anything about it!

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Yeah, it would be cool to catch them in Vegas.

I've been lucky enough to see them at least 10 times, if not more. And a few times I was lucky enough to get backstage. One time I actually worked at the venue helping with sound and lighting and I got to play Rick's "Uncle Dick" guitar and attempted to hold/play the 5 neck.

6. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Got backstage a couple times myself both times I was with my sister who's also a huge fan and she was completely just struck dumb by being in Robin Zander's presence. It was hilarious because you'd never expect my sister to be starstruck if you knew her. She's very outgoing has no problem making friends left and right. I think the second time she managed to squeak out how she had seen them in Finland while she was an exchange student there and Robin made a comment that he remembered that concert because most outdoor concerts they play have beer tents but in Finland they had vodka tents.