Chicago Area - no vip622's available - wtf??

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by bs0, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bs0

bs0 Mentor

Feb 22, 2006
    :mad:

finally decided to stay with dish and get the vip622....none available when i rang the normal dish number....

how/who did people get 622's in the chicagoland area??

thanks

2. rogerz

rogerz Cool Member

May 10, 2006
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I ordered my service on 5/1 using the Dish 800 ordering number posted on their website.

My installation was scheduled for early June because the CSR told me the 622s were in such short supply.

Mine arrived within a week. UPS second day shipping from Colorado. I called Dish back and got the installation moved up to 5/20 which was the first available weekend appointment.

Roger

3. bs0

bs0 Mentor

Feb 22, 2006
    ok i rang again - i have a std receiver and a dual tuner std dvr with the top 180 package...and was told i could not upgrade to a 622...the only way i can get a 622 is to buy one through a retailer (sears etc)....i asked if in the 'near future' i could get one and he said it might not be 'near' - ie late this year, mid next year before i might be able to get one....

so, unless sears or radioshack say they can install one for me with a leasing deal i guess i am changing to directv....though they don't support mpeg4 right now i know they are coming out with a hd dvr tuner that soon does....

again, i ask - wtf?....i guess dish doesn't want business.....

4. dougmcbride

dougmcbride AllStar

Apr 17, 2005
    Sounds like the CSRs forgot to take their meds again...

Suggestion - look in the Yellow Pages for a local Dish retailer and call them up. They honor all current Dish promotions, probably have inventory or a distributor that has inventory, and should be able to take care of you. I believe (from friends in the local area getting 622s) that there are plenty floating around.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    This is a long-standing practice. If you haven't yet "leased off" your existing receivers, they hesitate to upgrade you to new ones.
    Watch out for the same situation there. The current D* HD DVR has a lease entry price of $399 and a two year committment for a brand new customer. The upgrade plans to an MPEG4 HD DVR are unknown. For another $60-100, you could buy a ViP622 outright and there would be no uncertainty about MPEG4 upgrades.
    They want profitable business. Those who would grow tired of what they have at the drop of a hat make that difficult.

How long have you had your DVR?

6. bs0

bs0 Mentor

Feb 22, 2006
    I have had my dvr a couple of years i think from memory..the lease entry is $399??..heck, i thought it was $299....i think directv is $499 thought right??....perhaps i can switch, get better service there since i am a new customer and get my aussie rules footy again!..

thank for the tip about local retailers, i will try a few out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.