1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China Beach coming to DVD, finally

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Mar 20, 2013.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    [​IMG] In April all 62 episodes of "China Beach" is finally going to be available on DVD.

It's the one old show that seems to get better and better with age. The writing, acting, directing, etc., turns out to have been incredibly good when viewed from 2013. And now that I can treat it as a "historical period piece" it makes it even more enjoyable. Unfortunately, we don't have many episodes recorded. But as indicated in this USA Today article At long last, 'China Beach' is coming to DVD you can preorder the 62-episode series through Time-Life. Like "Northern Exposure" the problem was the music as explained in the USA Today article:
    Unlike "Northern Exposure", they chose not to replace the music so it is a bit expensive. Here's the two ad videos which you can also see on YouTube here along with two bonus interviews of Dana Delany :

[YOUTUBEHD]DVPp9h2o420?list=PLSynr5fafNa9zONJmQNC0vZf9DQo2Ggwn[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]Jz7OHEbYcuY?list=PLSynr5fafNa9zONJmQNC0vZf9DQo2Ggwn[/YOUTUBEHD]

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Thanks, phrelin...this is such good news for me. You've made my day, week and month.

There is an undefinable quality about "China Beach" that has had me wanting to go back there ever since the show went off the air. I felt similarly about M*A*S*H.

Old farts, sentimental, or just mental? Old bastids -- go figure!