1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chuck Finale (season or series, who knows?)****Spoilers****

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Apr 28, 2009.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    First of all, despite the boost from Subway's owner (thread here), "Chuck" continued to rank #4 well behind "House", "Dancing with the Stars" and "Big Bang Theory" thought it still bested "Gossip Girl" by quite a bit. So I'm thinking that this is the series end.

But what a setup for a movie! Superpower Chuck with Sarah and Casey, Awesome and Scott Bakula. And Jeffster! Or a great new season.

The best review not only for it's take but of all the links to other reviews is The most enjoyable episode of TV of the year? Thoughts on the 'Chuck' finale by Maureen Ryan in the Chicago Tribune.

2. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    it was great ... loved it!

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    It was awesome and I died laughing when Jeffster came on stage. I love this show too much. After it was over my wife screamed "they better renew it!!" I agree.

I actually think it has a better then 50-50 shot of getting renewed for a couple reasons:
    1) It's cheap to make and the sets are already built. There is very little in terms of special effects.
    2) While it's ratings aren't all the great, for NBC it's not bad at all.

The monkey wrench in all that is that Leno will eat up 5 hours a week of primetime which means that NBC will have 5 less shows on it's schedule. Chuck needs a new night though. Maybe pair it up with the comedy's on Thursday? The Office and whatever leading into Chuck at 9. I think that would be a good pairing.

4. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I thought it was great, and even though there's a chance we won't see the conclusion, I loved seeing "To Be Continued..." at the end. I really do hope NBC renews it or someone else picks it up. At the least, I'll take a straight to DVD 2 hour movie conclusion.

5. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    The best Chuck ever!!! :lol: "I know kung fu". :)

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    RENEW CHUCK... RENEW CHUCK.... RENEW CHUCK.... RENEW CHUCK... Say it with me folks.... RENEW CHUCK!

7. phat78boy

phat78boy Hall Of Fame

Sep 12, 2007
    I'm in agreement, it was one of the best episodes of Chuck. Jeffster was awesome and the setup for whatever is next is perfect. The technical skills of Orion and the physical skills from the new intersect, I can't wait! If NBC doesn't renew, I really hope someone does. Maybe USA? Either way its one of my can't miss shows and one of the best wrote shows of the past couple years.

RENEW CHUCK...

8. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    RENEW CHUCK.

9. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    I agree 100% with everyone else, it was possibly the best episode yet - and that is REALLY saying something if you ask me! I don't know if I just like it so much because I am, and always have been, a tech geek or if that's why it's not as popular with others but I sure hope it comes back for another season (or two or three)!

If it does come back I'm curious how they will bring Morgan back into it. I figured Chuck would end up with the intersect back in his head, I didn't imagine it would be a super-powered one though - that was (dare I say it) AWESOME!

RENEW CHUCK....RENEW CHUCK....RENEW CHUCK...

10. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    "Chuck Me!" :D

11. rbonzer

rbonzer Legend

May 13, 2002
    To me that was one of the best episodes, of any show, for a long time.

RENEW CHUCK!!!

12. dzeedavid

dzeedavid Cool Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Great Episode!!!

Save Chuck!!!

13. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    That was a great episode! I hope it comes back.

14. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I'm not hopeful for a Chuck return .. But I would definitely watch it if it did.

15. sodina

sodina Cool Member

Apr 29, 2009
    do come back

16. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Well, I finally watched this episode and it was great.

Although I'm not sure I like the idea of Super Chuck..... that's going to eliminate some of the charm of the show.

17. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    If Chuck (the show) dies, then Chuck (the man) can live on in our minds as Super Chuck .. If Chuck (the show) lives, then Chuck (the man) will almost certainly not be as powerful as the last episode made him out to be ....

Either way, if the show returns, it's been set up to have a reboot anyway. Buy More is out, Awesome/Ellie are out, Chuck is Super-Chuck .. It was a feel good episode, but if they come back either Chuck wakes up from a dream and they are back to "normal" or the show will not be the same anyway.

How in the world could you have Chuck (the show) without Morgan, Awesome and Ellie? Oh, and Jeffster?

18. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I don't see Awesome and Ellie out, what with a potential larger role for dear old dad. The Buy More characters may be gone, or maybe more peripheral like when "House" rebooted with a new crew.

19. solmakou

solmakou Legend

Mar 6, 2009
    The season finale was flawless minus the super chuck scene, I hope they renew it (sans super!)

20. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    CNN's web site has a great article on the "Save Chuck" movement with interesting links.