Cinema 5.99 Coupon mailer - Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Cinema Field Trial (private)' started by HDTVsportsfan, May 28, 2010.

1. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    It doesn't matter to me whether or not these 5.99 Cinema coupons can be used or not. But I am curious to know if we purchase a movie THAT IS NOT ON 1096, can the coupon still be used?

For those that don't know or for whatever resaon I receive them via snail mail. It's a coupon that you fill out and submit with your payment. I still write paper checks so it's easy to add it with my payment. You put your name, the movie you PPV'ed from the current billing cycle, sign it, and return it. It's 5.99off....a free movie.

Anyway, not knowing how this whole credit thing is going to work. Will still using those coupons for non 1096 PPV's really confuse the process?

Like I said, I can take or leave the coupon during this testing. But it is a problem if they are used?

2. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    I also received a PPV coupon in the mail before joining this field trial. My coupon stated $5.99 credit on your second movie. Buy one Get one FREE.

I would think these would be sent to a seperate department and not interfer with the trial.

3. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005
    I would think. :lol:

Like I said...I don't care either way...I get them all the time. I just don't want to make it difficult to manage from DirecTV's end. I don't think it would be a problem. But I figured I couldn't be the only one in the group to get/use them.

4. HDTVsportsfan

Nov 29, 2005
    OK....hopefully we can use the coupons. :lol:
    My kid just got done watching the Toothfairy. I've been downstairs and didn't know it.

I downloaded last night from 1096 not knowing how the trial would work. I figured what the heck no big deal.

It's on channel 1100. *shrug* Oh well.