Cinemax HD - Lady in the Water

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by AdamDStone, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamDStone

AdamDStone New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    So last weekend I DVR'd Lady in the Water on Cinemax HD. I tried to watch it a day later, and about 5 minutes in, it changed channels to a local Fox station (not Phoenix where I am).

I then recorded it again on the same channel the other day. Started watching it again last night, and it happened again. In fact, my whole receiver shut off and I had to reboot.

That is the only channel this is happening to when I DVR something all of my other programs are fine.

I know the movie was not M. Night's best, but come on, I wanted to see it!

Any thoughts?

2. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    Adam,

There are a number of possibilities ranking in order of likelihood below;

1) If you have NOT changed the Address of the remote from the default setting, I'd guess that from time to time your receiver is receiving a control signal from another remote control of your neighbors'. Pull up the Sys Information screen. Press the Sat button on your remote hold it down until all the Mode Lights light up, then input a different Two Digit remote address and press the "Record Button" you should notice the remote address on the screen to change to reflect your new Remote address.

3) The second possibility is that you are using both Tuners of the DVR when in Single Mode, or your in Dual Mode and both tuners are in use. While you selected the movie to record another event fired that has priority over the Movie event you scheduled, or you used Dish Pass or Timer and selected to record repeats of another show or event instead of the Once or New options.

John

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Neither of those explainations make sense.

If it were a neighbor's remote it would act like your remote ... when you interrupt a DVR event by changing channels it pops up a confirmation box. If you confirm the recording ENDS. It does not continue the recording feeding it the new content. If you don't confirm then the recording continues uninterrupted.

If it were an overlapping event it would fail the event with the lowest priority. Again, there should be no mixup of signals from another channel recording within the DVR event.

It sounds more like an uplink problem ... especially because the content is a FOX station from outside of his area. It also seems to be channel related.

4. Bob Ketcham

Bob Ketcham AllStar

Jan 2, 2006

Hmmm... another problem with a channel on 129 TP 27... see comments on the A&E thread... is there a transponder flaking out?

5. AdamDStone

AdamDStone New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Thanks Bob and James.

It is ONLY that Cinemax HD channel.

I did see some other postings today regarding the A&E thread...hmmm.

6. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    Bob,

I guess that is why I'm not having any problems. I have a 61.5 Dish as I live in Western NY and we are outside the footprint for a Dish1000 solution.

John

7. Bob Ketcham

Bob Ketcham AllStar

Jan 2, 2006
    Well, apparently Dish has decided that there is a real problem here. All three HD channels on 129 TP 27 (Cinemax HD, A&E HD and Universal HD) are scheduled to be off-line tonight at 2 am (according to the program guide). Let's hope they fix the drop outs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.