1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cisco D9854 as a DirecTV Receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mike_F, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Mike_F

Mike_F New Member

Feb 4, 2011
    To all:

I was checking on available DirecTV recievers and had this popup as a DirecTV Receiver, the cisco D9854 Advanced Program Receiver. I have talked with cisco and had no luck on installation and administration of their device to be a "DirecTV" receiver. Or where does the smart card go?

Has anyone in this forum used or heard of this cisco receiver to be used as a DirecTV receiver? Any information would be great.

Thank you,

Mike Foltz

OBTW: I am new to DBSTalk so please pardon any posting errors i created.

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Nope, never heard of it being a DIRECTV receiver, looking at the PDF for it I'd guess it's more for a cable head end setup.

3. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I have no real knowledge but just a suspicion that this is some kind of distribution receiver. At $1500+ I wouldn't want one in my home...

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Just curious, where exactly did you find something that it said it could be used as a receiver?

Also, you might want to remove your e-mail address from your post. The SPAM-Bots will have a field day with it. :)

- Merg

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    No idea, but maybe it's something for large installations like hotels and bars.

6. Mike_F

Mike_F New Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Thank you for your reply and the spam note....

I just did a search on "Cisco and DirecTV receivers" from the excite.com search engine. We have a customer that would like an SDI interface from a DirecTV receiver.

Thanks again,

Mike

7. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I searched the item and the description clearly states it is a DirecTV receiver but I suspect Stuart is correct.

8. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
  9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Well there you go.