1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Nickelodeon Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Brandon428, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    Who else wants a Classic nick channel? D* doesn't carry GAS but do you think they would carry a classic nick channel?

2. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    For those that do not know:

Nick GAS is history in two months. Viacom is killing the channel after 7 years and four months of existance. The first entry in the Dish Channel Chart changes list was Nick GAS being added to the line-up. :)

On December 31 (or Jan 1 - the article was vague) Noggin and "The N" will go 24/7 on separate channels at that time.
    On Dish, Noggin will remain on channel 169. The N will be on channel 177 where GAS is now.

DirecTV will continue to carry a 24/7 feed of Noggin on the same channel it is available now. They were also EXPECTED (not details) to add "The N" at a later date.

That info is several months old.

See ya
    Tony
    See ya
    Tony

3. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    I knew that. I just wanted to know if anyone wanted a classic nick channel. Not to replace GAS but a separate channel and if D* would be interested in carrying it.

4. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    Nick/D* both announced that The N would be carried on D* at launch (12/31). I'm not sure on the location, but a little birdie suggested it would be on channel 303. No word from anyone on an HD feed -- yet.

5. Shadow

Shadow AllStar

Apr 12, 2007
    I think a classic Nick channel would be awsome

6. cb7214

cb7214 Icon

Jan 25, 2007
    I loved all the old shows on Nick-At Nite, Car 54, Donna Reed, Make Room For Daddy, F-Troop, My 3 Sons, Mr Ed, etc. And the old cartoons, You Can't Do That On Television, Double Dare, the original, Turkey TV

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    What are we talking about here, reruns of "You Can't Do That on Television"?

8. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    And DANGERMOUSE!

9. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    That was my question too. I wouldn't mind seeing some old Nick produced shows. All That, Clarissa Explains It All and some of the game shows. I remember one that was hosted by Summer Sanders that I would watch because she was hot, but I can't remember the name of it. I don't think it would warrant it's own network, but I would watch them again if they showed them.

10. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    So does this mean that Nick at Nite is going bye-bye?

Guess one more channel to take off my favorites...

11. RVD26

RVD26 Godfather

Oct 12, 2007
    Houston
    Yes, I too would love a classic Nickelodeon channel
    Clarrisa Explains it All, Doug, Pete and Pete, etc
    Here's a link to a site devoted to those shows
    I never really liked the GAS channel though
    However, don't hold your breath on a classic Nick channel coming anytime soon
    They seem to be skewing to a younger and younger audience
    Now "Home Improvement" is considered as an "old" show :nono2:
    It would be nice if they at least put out these shows on DVD

12. Marvin

Marvin Godfather

Sep 13, 2003
    In regards to Nick at Nite skewing younger..I would assume thats why you have TV Land, but Ive noticed thats going the same path as well so..

13. CJTE

CJTE Hall Of Fame

Sep 17, 2007
    Haha! I remember all those darn shows. I loved Clarissa Explains it All (only god knows why). And the name summer sanders hit me like a brick to the forehead... I think you're talking about Figure It Out but im not completely certain (because hell I dont remember it either)

14. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I would love a Classic Nick channel, what would be cool is if they even stuck to the programming format. Snick on Saturday nights, the original Nicktoons on Sunday mornings starting at 9AM. 'Stay tuned for Nicktoons, Rugrats, Rocko, Real Monsters and the only Nicktoon that doesn't start with an R, Doug coming up next here on Nick.' I'm 22 and grew up with some quality shows. Hey Dude, Solute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Round House, Welcome Freshman, the original Double Dare, What Would You Do, Wienerville, Pete & Pete. Sadly today, no child will know Camp Counselor Ugh or Artie The Strongest man in the World,they'll never be a part of the Midnight Society or see a pie in the face. Instead it's Sponge Bob and the brat relatives of Julia Roberts and Brittney Spears headlining Nick these days.

I used to also enjoy watching Alvin & The Chipmunks and one of the greatest cartoons ever, The Adventures of TinTin, both non Nick productions. The Chipmunks appeared on Cartoon Network briefly a few years ago and TinTin used to be on HBO. If I see them on Nicktoons Network, I'll still to this day catch episodes of Rockos Modern Life, the original 52 episodes of Rugrats and Hey Arnold.

15. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Those are true TV CLASSICS. Both TVLAND & Nick at Night carries junk like Fresh Prnce. Last year TVLAND had a That Girl marathon for 24 hours and never aired it again. What's up with that??

16. syphix

syphix Hall Of Fame

Jun 23, 2004
    I gave up on TV Land when they dropped DICK VAN DYKE. :(

17. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    TV Land should be designated for the older shows like Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith and those old classics. Use Nick at Night for Fresh Prince, Roseanne, Home Improvement, etc......

18. katzeye

katzeye Legend

May 1, 2007
    I am happy to report that the single most transcendent show from those days "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" is on DVD and it holds up quite nicely. It really was the perfect show for kids or adults.
    An old nick channel would be great, actually the idea of channels of old programming in general seems like a great idea, and not the 10 years back that seems to populate nick at night.

19. Brandon428

Brandon428 Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2007
    I'm happy so many others feel the same way. I wish there was something I could do to get Nickelodeon to create another channel. If anyone has a unique new idea on how to go about getting Nickelodeon to do this besides petitions and mailing them please let me know.

20. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    I would love to see TVLand go back to its old programming. My young kids have never seen any of the old shows that were pretty good. Now, you have to say something crude and obnoxious to make you think you're funny.