1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Click Clack Brothers to retire

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dpeters11, Jun 8, 2012.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I listen to NPR most of the day, and their show was one of my favorites, along with 'Prarie Home Companion' (the top) and 'Wait-Wait'. And of course, Science Friday.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Heard about it on CNN this afternoon. They were good.

4. photostudent

photostudent Godfather

Nov 8, 2007
    I will really miss those guys. After listening to them on the radio for many years my wife was a bit surprised when she saw them on a TV show. She was maybe expecting Brad Pitt and George Cooney?

5. Karen

Karen Godfather

Oct 4, 2007
    I think it's best not to see your favorite radio people on TV. I'm really going to date myself here, but when I was a little girl, I LOVED to listen to Big Jon and Sparkie on the radio. I was so exited when I heard that they were going to be at the California State Fair one year, and talked my grandmother into taking me to see them. It broke my wee little heart when I discovered that Sparkie was a stupid puppet...

http://www.otrcat.com/big-john-and-sparkie-p-1093.html

I'm going to miss hearing original Click and Clack shows. I listen to them every weekend right before Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Heh. Understood- I expected them to look younger and far more suave. But what a great team, I know I will miss them.

7. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    This sounds like essentially the same deal as Edgar Bergen (father of Candice) and Charlie McCarthy. They were a ventriloquist act...

on the RADIO...

where the audience can't even see the puppet, much less whether your lips are moving...

How naive *were* people in the olden days?

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It certainly wasn't Bergen's technical talent as a ventriloquist, it was the personalities he gave his characters and his comic timing that really caused him to be popular.

9. Blankman2k5

Blankman2k5 Legend

Oct 20, 2010
    Those guys were awesome... And I love Wait Wait Don't Tell Me lol