1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closed Captioning Issues

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by NEWVIP622, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEWVIP622

NEWVIP622 New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    My closed captioning on My VIP622 is turned to on and captioning service 1. The CC wont work usually, until i hold the power button to reset the box. I know the show is Captioned, since ive tested it on tv's without receivers and they all work fine.
    Is this maybe a Firmware issue, and if so what should I do?
    Thanks!:)

2. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    There are several other threads on CC problems. It actually is much better than it was, but far from perfect on the programs that have them. And some shows and channels have none, even when they are really should under FCC rules. Don't hesitate to add send your problems to DISH. And if appropriate file compaints with the FCC.

3. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003
    Welcome to DBSTALK. This is a great place to get "useful" information concerning these type issues. This is a known software issue with the 622. See this link.http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=93559
    It will direct you to a thread on various 622 issues. see the "closed captioning issues".

4. bhodgins

bhodgins Mentor

Nov 28, 2005
    One thing I've noticed ... if you leave TV2 on for a while with TV1 off, CC gets messed up on TV1 until you reboot the 622.

When the CC is messed up, you will see CC on TV1 during the playing of the logo screen saver (while TV1 is "off"), but then the CC disappears when you turn TV1 back on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.