1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closing account questions

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FastNOC, Nov 23, 2011.

1. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    I went ahead and went back to DirecTV Monday. They completed the isntall but I still have the DVR running because I've got shows to watch still.

What is the process to terminate? i've got 3 boxes that belong to Dish. Do I just call? i was hoping i could close out on their site but I doubt I can.

Am i going to have to pay to ship these boxes back?

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Get rid of two of the boxes BEFORE you cancel service then you will only have to pay to send one back when you do cancel service.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    You cannot get rid of any of the boxes if they are leased. In this case, all receivers would need to be returned.

Sorry, misunderstood recent reply by n0qcu. If you remove two leased boxes, they can be returned. Just make sure receiver's are received by Dish before totally closing the account.

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    If you remove a reciever from your account, does Dish cover the return shipping? If so, then n0qcu has it it right, terminate 2 of the 3 boxes you have, return those to Dish on their dime, then cancel service and pay to ship the one remaining box back.

I don't have Dish, so I have no idea what their policies are.

5. MikeJH@DISH Network

MikeJH@DISH Network Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    We are sorry to see you leave, I would be happy to assist you and look at your DISH account and see what needs to be returned. Please PM me your account information and I can look into this. If all equipment is leased all receivers will have to be returned, we do supply shipping material to send the equipment back, you have the option of using any shipping method of your choice.