CNBC World

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Feb 12, 2019.

1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Any idea why Dish has not carried CNBC World? We have all of the other NBC News channels.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  3. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Apparently in those days I did not have it in my package. The app for CNBC doesn't seem to include CNBC World either. The CNN app does have CNN International though.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I can watch CNN International using my DISH credentials on an app built in to my TV.

CNBC World started out in AT250 and was removed to "make room" for other programming (per threads linked above). Not that an open channel number means that there is space on a satellite, but CNBC World's channel 207 is vacant. 201 remains vacant as well.

5. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Checking on the internet I see a feed for CNBC Europe. Too bad no app for the Firestick or Roku.

6. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    If you found a free stream of CNBC Europe online that's viewable in the USA, it's pirated. The ONLY official stream available to US residents is behind a paywall via the CNBC Pro subscription service, with blackouts when CNBC Europe is showing NBC Nightly News, Jimmy Fallon (or Seth Meyers on the UK feed) and weekend sports.

CNBC World is a mashup of the business programming from CNBC Europe and CNBC Asia and random documentaries for the hours when CNBC Europe and Asia are either simulcasting CNBC's US business programming or are showing non-business programs. Dish is far from the only provider who doesn't carry it. Altice/Optimum, Cox and RCN don't have it, and even Comcast only carries it in select cities.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  7. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    On the internet, a person does not know if a channel is legal or not. Things come and go so much.