CNNi (CNN International) Ch 358

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by jamieh1, May 19, 2019.

1. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    I knew that the channel was gonna be is SDTV, but was hoping they might would add it in HD since CNN is part of the AT&T family and the channel is in HD on the CNN app.

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    But as kyl416 stated in another thread ...

CNNi actually has no C-band HD feed for program distribution to MVPD providers ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

KyL416 likes this.
  3. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    You can stream CNNi in HD using a Roku or Apple TV streaming device. Not sure if CNN has a smart TV streaming app.

4. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Remembering CNNI from when it was on DirecTV long ago, it is pretty worthless. It is, unlike channels or outlets such as the BBC or DW or AFP or Russia Today or the Financial Times or The Economist, not an "international view" of current events. Rather it is just some random mix of LOCAL stories produced LOCALLY for LOCAL consumption on other countries, remixed because, why not, CNN owns the material so some intern remixes and and it is a dollar a holler.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That isn't the CNNI I remember. What I remember was a version of CNN with less pundit driven political coverage and more of Piers Morgan's or Christianne Annopour's global view. Then again, it was late night and hosted from London.

I need to take another look.

6. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    CNN recently shut down their London broadcast center in an economy move. CNN International looks much like American CNN, which isn't good.

longhorn23 likes this.