1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNNI Request

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Paul Secic, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Matt

Please tell the programming that I would like to see Cable News Network International. It’s has very good programs. Nothing like CNN’s dribble. SD is fine. U-verse has it and I liked the channel because it has thought provoking programming.

Folks:

Plaease ask your friends to requst this channel for Dish.

Thanks

2. Mr-Rick

Mr-Rick Legend

Nov 30, 2004
    Paul,

Interestingly DISH hadd CNN International years ago. Just coming back from a two week trip overseas and every hotel had CNN International. You are correct, it has better programs than standard CNN fare. I too would like to see it come BACK.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Can anyone name a service that DISH has brought back after a couple years absence? I can't think of any.

4. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    How to request DISH to add CNNI? I like this channel a lot.

5. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    E-mail: ceo@dishnetwork.com or call.

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003

7. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    206 on mine now is "Fox Business"

8. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Yes, now it is...

Just call or chat and make a request.

9. nrholland

nrholland AllStar

Apr 26, 2002
    I wish you well, but I've been asking Dish & Direct for BBC World News for years and the response is the usual "form" replies that they send you. Never has gotten me anywhere.

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I think they should have some important news channels with a bit more intergerity and less nonsense.

11. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    True, but every TV provider has that issue. The problem is the channel themselves.

12. Stalky14

Stalky14 Legend

Feb 18, 2005
    I was off Dish for 3 years and was hoping they'd have finally added BBC World when I came back. I had been asking for it since 2002. No dice, but it was nice having it on Cox in Northern Virginia while I was there. They had a great lineup, actually. Dish's seems little-changed since I left, except for all the HD versions of SD channels they already had.

I see they have EuroNews now off among the Internationals. That's a step in the right direction. I used to watch it on Ku-band FTA and it was passable. Still no BBC World or even CNNI. These days I try to keep as low-frills a subscription as possible because so many once-decent channels have gone to crap, but I'd still pay up to $5 a month extra for BBC World.
    Oh well.