1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

college basketball and the ESPNs HD version 3

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by ARKDTVfan, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan Icon

May 19, 2003
    anyone know for sure if ESPN will pump up their offering of HD games this season, in the pre conference portion of the season for sure
    in the past they had a bunch of games in SD only :nono2:

2. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I'd be just tickled if ESPNU HD was hurried up and turned on.

3. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah, I watched some of the UNC-FIU game last night and ESPNU on DirecTV sucks the big one. It looks horrible!

4. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I am guessing it's hard because there are only so many HD capable trucks/cameras. Currently ESPN has them dedicated to their College Football season, once that ends I would guess a lot more games will be in HD for basketball.

5. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    The Maui Invitational is in HD this year. I believe this is the first year in HD.
    I have seen some SD BB games this year, but very few. SD games will probably be a thing of the past on ESPN next year.

As for the locally produced games, HD may be sometime away. The Missouri Tigers Network is still SD and I believe the Kansas BB network is also SD.

6. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Any game that is on ESPN should always be in HD from now on. Both ESPN and ESPN2 are full time HD channels now and have been for some time. We should never have to put up with a standard definition game on ESPN ever again.