1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football blackouts on main ESPN and ESPN Alt

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ehren, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Oct 2, 2010 #1 of 12
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    LOL good thing I have my local ABC and ESPN3.com so I don't have to deal with the stupidity of Dish. For others it may not be so wonderful.

Oklahoma/Texas
    Wisconsin/Michigan St
    2:30 cst

Stanford/Oregon
    Washington/USC

All blacked out, LOL

WTF?????/

2. Oct 2, 2010 #2 of 12
    Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez Godfather

Aug 11, 2008
    Go Stanford. Can the Cardinal win the national championship this year?

Very few people know just how exceptional Stanford's athletic program is. Every year, the Director's Cup is awarded to the top athletic program in the nation. And Stanford has won it the last 16 years.

------------------
    http://www.gostanford.com/genrel/062310aab.html

STANFORD, Calif. - Stanford Athletics has claimed its unprecedented 16th consecutive Learfield Sports Directors' Cup today, an award that is presented annually by the National Association of Collegiate Athletic Directors of America (NACDA), Learfield Sports and USA Today to the top intercollegiate athletic program in the nation.

Stanford finished with 1,508.50 points, outdistancing Florida (1,237.25) and Virginia (1,189.25) for the title.

After claiming national championships in the sports of men's volleyball, women's tennis and women's lightweight crew-varsity eight, Stanford has won at least one NCAA team title for 34 consecutive years, an ongoing record.
    ------------------

Football has been a weak link. Maybe this year.

Nightmare scenario. We go undefeated into Big Game, and Cal beats us, thereby eliminating us from national championship contention.

3. Oct 2, 2010 #3 of 12
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    nice spamming!

4. Oct 2, 2010 #4 of 12
    GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    What are you even talking about?
    No blackouts. ESPN has always shown the other game on ESPN or ESPN2, when the local ABC carries the other game in the same time slot. So in my area, the ABC owned ESPN will show Wisconsin/Mich St game while at the same time the Local ABC channel carries the OK/Texas game.
    Stanford/Oregon is on ABC, and the ABC owned ESPN2 will show the Washington/USC game. This has nothing to do with Dish, that has everything to do with ABC and what Zipcode you live in. This has been going on for years too. So show me the blackout please.

5. Oct 2, 2010 #5 of 12
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Oregon will destroy Stanford tonight.

6. Oct 2, 2010 #6 of 12
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    I have blackouts on both ESPN 140 and espnalt 145 dumbass! I should be getting atleast the game on 145! Wisconsin game is on my local ABC.

7. Oct 2, 2010 #7 of 12
    bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    This really pissed me off.

I was watching the Gophers on 140, ESPN HD this afternoon. Minnesota was behind 28 to 26 with only two minutes left, when I lost ESPN. The next game had started and I was blacked out. The local ABC channel was showing it, although they had decided not to carry the previous game.

There ought to be a law.

8. Oct 2, 2010 #8 of 12
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    A few times in the past Dish has waited to enforce the blackout after the early game ended late. Guess not this season.

9. Oct 2, 2010 #9 of 12
    shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    The blackout is over now, as of 6:30. You can now watch both games.

10. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Oh so its not your implied Nationwide blackout? ONCE again, though, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH DISH. Call ABC and complain. If you were so smart you would understand, the ABC and the colleges decide this.
    So pull your head out, and after you hear the popping noise you will, make better comments that its either ABC that is SCREWING YOU OVER, or your petty local college, that can't stand any competition.
    Just put the blame on the right one SCREWING you over. Granted, its so dark were you are at, it may take a while before you hear that popping noise and see the light.

11. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    I can still extend my warmest thoughts to you and your mothers basement. I was actually posting this for others who may not have espn3.com like I do, so no I was not screwed at all, I had an alternative. Can you read at all?

12. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I can read, not sure you can. Please Reread your 1st post. Stick to the facts, quit blaming the wrong people. This was NOT a Dish problem, the stupidity, was ABC's and, your local weak market team that wanted to limit any competition with viewers.

If you wanted to alert people, on how to use a a work aroud, in weak market areas, that force ABC networks, to block out games.
    It would have been alot easier to point out to others, to use ESPN3.com and other resources to deal with ABC's problem, and make sure people understood it was your local region. Vs a blanket Dish is blacking out games statement.

Take a laxative or something and you will find it easier to read.