1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colts game blacked out

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by IndyMichael, Aug 11, 2013.

1. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Why is the Colts game blacked out locally on the NFL Network HD, and shown on a local SD station?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    WNDY has the local rights to the game, NFL Network only has the out of market rights.

WNDY is available in HD over the air and on some cable providers, whether DirecTV carries the HD feed or not has nothing to do with who has the rights to the game.

3. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    Good to know, in case the Colts are on the NFL Network during the regular season. Didn't even think to try 23 ota.

4. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    This happened to me this week with the Redskins game. The only HD feed is on Comcast Sports Net, but it was blacked out and forced SD on local HD channels. According to similar forums, and HD feed was not made available tn the Redskins Network's OTA stations, only on CSN-MA in the home area.

To get the HD feed out of the local market, you might have to get that stupid preseason Internet package.

And GO COLTS! from NC! :)

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Good to know, in case the Colts are on the NFL Network during the regular season. Didn't even think to try 23 ota.

During the regular season, you will get the nfl network. Preseason games that are on the nfl network are actually owned by the teams and the local stations so the nfl network cannot show them locally live.