1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined billing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mini1, Jan 24, 2017.

1. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    ATT Fiber just became available at my house. If I combine with D* what is the ongoing discount and how does it effect a negotiated discount currently on the D* account? I'm getting conflicting answers from the CSR's and don't want to jump into something that messes up my current discount and locks me into a 1 year contract for Fiber.

2. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    I would think it would be whatever you negotiate - everything seems different on all these depending upon whom you talk with

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If it was me, I would wait until your negotiated discounts are close to expiring and then see what you can get.
    I am not combining mine until I have to do it.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Be very careful before combining your DirecTV and AT&T accounts. Check out the DirecTV support forum and you'll see all sorts of horror stories with folks unable to log into accounts, streaming services, and more. It's still a mess.

DIRECTV

ragweed10 and DishCSR like this.
  5. DishCSR

DishCSR Godfather

Jan 14, 2004
    What he said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

6. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    Here is another idea - what do you think - don't combine billing, open a Fiber account, request an ongoing discount on one of the services? Anyone done that? Combined services from the same company on two different bills with a discount?

dp35654 likes this.
  7. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    I did not even combine my accounts, but apparently there was a AT&T voice customer with the same user name that I had with DirecTV before DirecTV switched to using e-mail addresses. But the old username was still buried in the database. After the AT&T merger, every time the other person changed their AT&T phone service password, it changed my DirecTV password, and when I changed back, it changed his. Then the finger pointed started with each side of DirecTV/AT&T saying it was the other's side's problem. DirecTV finally just deleted my on-line account which purged the old username, and had me create a new one. So there is no way I m going to combine my accounts after that mess.

dp35654 likes this.
  8. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    So I called into ATT posing these questions over the last few days:
    Responses by day:
    1.) "I think the combined billing discount is between $20-30 per month but we won't know until we open a new Fiber account and try to combine them, at which point the (Fiber) contract will start."
    2.) "There is no discount on combined billing, the program was discontinued late last year."
    3.) "They just discontinued discounts this year on combined billing, but they started a new program that will give you the benefit of unlimited data/no data cap/no throttling on Fiber which is actually better than a discount."

Are any of these correct? It sounds like nobody actually knows including CSR's.

dp35654 likes this.
  9. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    What version of fiber are you getting? I have ATT Internet 1000 (the old Gigapower) and it includes unlimited data. You also get unlimited data if you bundle Internet and a tv service, either DirecTV or U-verse. you can also pay $30 to get unlimited data with the fiber plans. As they already include 1 TB, you would have to decide if you needed more.

10. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    Looking at Fiber 300/300. I can buy 300 or 1000, 300 should be sufficient for my needs. I'm on a 30/4 cable connection now and it struggles sometimes on Prime HD or DirecTV onDemand HD. I'd be fine with 100 but they don't appear to be offering that package in my region.

11. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Ironically enough, it was actually almost cheaper to upgrade to 1000. My prior service included 18Mbps for $57, I paid extra for the gateway. I picked up Gigapower when it became available in my neighborhood, ATT was offering a permanent discount of $29 off the $99 fee. In addition, the cost of the Gateway was credited back so it cost me $6 to go from 18Mbps to 1000Mbps

dp35654 likes this.
  12. tas3986

tas3986 AllStar

Feb 6, 2008
    Directv service under AT&T combined billing is terrible. You loose all access to the directv.com that you knew. Want to order a remote, change the location name of a receiver, forget it. Impossible if you are a combined account customer. It is more than terrible. It Sucks.

dp35654, ragweed10 and bmetelsky like this.
  13. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    I called AT&T Saturday afternoon to see if I could save any money by combining my U-Verse internet and phone with my separate Directv bills. The guy offered me 24 megs upped from my present 18 megs along with my phone for $59.99 per month instead of the $85.00 I'm presently paying for 6 months with a 2 year commitment and combine my Directv and AT&T bills. I asked him if he was kidding or was actually serious. He responded by telling me what a great deal that was. I responded by telling him I was in no way interested in doing that and to cancel my inquirey. I got a confirmation e-mail last night from AT&T that my bills had been combined instead of being kept separate as instructed by me, and I was paying the same that I was before with no changes to my services. The other catch was that I was now under a 2 year contract with them. They did what I told them not to do in no uncertain terms anyway and screwed me with a 2 year contract. Needless to say I spent an hour on the phone with them this afternoon straightening this crap out. At least I think I did, I haven't received my confirmation e-mail from AT&T yet. AT&T said I would receive the e-mail by 5pm EST and it's now 10:35pm EST so who knows. It's just the fact that they tried to hoo doo me that really ticks me off. If I could find a way to watch Formula One other than NBCSN I'd drop all of their overpriced services in a heartbeat, half my bill is fees. Unbelievable.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    dp35654 likes this.
  14. mcl77

mcl77 AllStar

Nov 25, 2008
    If I were you- I d get the unlimited data internet and get the ps vue $35 a month package. They have nbcsn in that package

15. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    If what I've read about PSVue is accurate, it doesn't reproduce 5.1 DD, I can't get my locals in real time, Tivo doesn't work with it and the Tablo dvr doesn't reproduce 5.1 DD only ProLogic, and I can only get 720p with it. I'm not sure how their Cloud dvr would work having to use an OTA antenna for locals. I hope I'm wrong because I'd really like to dump Direct and cut my bill in half.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  16. mcl77

mcl77 AllStar

Nov 25, 2008
    It is 720p. But I honestly cant tell the difference from when I had directv.
    Depends on where you live for the locals. I get all the local sports channels and channel 4.
    Not sure about the sound.
    Pretty sure the DVr would only work for channels in the Vue package.

You should try the free 7 day trial.

17. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    That is correct about PS Vue not having 5.1...I was disappointed too but the savings were too much to pass up for that minor (to me) detail.

18. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    Not sure I'd want to go back to listening to stereo on my tv, too much invested in my av rig.

19. ragweed10

ragweed10 Member

Jul 10, 2013
    San Diego
    Where do you find the DirecTV Support Forum now ?
    I used to read it everyday. It had some duzzies !!!
    It disappeared ??

dp35654 likes this.
  20. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It merged with ATT at DIRECTV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk