Combined billing?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mini1, Oct 25, 2020.

1. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    Any updates on combined billing if its got better? I'm still with my local cable company for Internet, they are getting ready to raise rates in 2 months, thinking about switching to Fiber that's available to my address. In order for the price to worth the move I would need the combined billing discount but will it destroy grandfathered packages or cause other problem such as with monthly promotions offered by retention?

2. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    They revamped the Internet plans again so now they don't require a combine bill (or even a 2nd AT&T service) to get the lower price. All new customers (standalone or bundled/combined) get the following:
    • Fiber - Unlimited Data Allowance Plans (Existing customers with 100 Mbps or above also get Unlimited Data at no extra cost)
      • Internet 100 - Reg Price $55/mo + Equip Fee $10/mo = $65/mo | 12 month pricing $35/mo + $10 Equip Fee = $45/mo
      • Internet 300 - Reg Price $65/mo + Equip Fee $10/mo = $75/mo | 12 month pricing $45/mo + $10 Equip Fee = $55/mo
      • Internet 1000 with HBO Max - Reg Price $80/mo + Equip Fee $10/mo = $90/mo | 12 month pricing $60/mo for 12 months + $10 Equip Fee = $70/mo

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I signed up a month ago. This is my first bill:
    1. Internet 1000 $39.99
    $20 off for 12 months with bundle (Expires Sep 15, 2021)
    HBO Max included
    2. Internet Equipment Fee $10.00

4. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    They updated the pricing structure on 10/4. You got in on the old pricing right on time. Since you are a current customer on an older pricing model they will keep you there.

So your Internet 1000 with HBO Max would regularly cost $69.99 bundled ($59.99+$10) or $79.99 standalone ($69.99+$10) with no discount. So even if you decide to ditch the dish in the future I would recommend not switching the Internet unless someone has 1 Gig at $80 or less regular price lol.

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    That is good to know. I am pretty sure Comcast is at least that expensive since they add an extra fee on if you dont subscribe to their cable. Finally hit the tv lottery :) I won't ditch the dish unless one of the streaming services start sending out 1080p/Dolby digital for a lot better price. Hopefully, next year, I can convince them to let me keep the bundle discount. Time will tell. I am surprised they raised the price of internet in the middle of a pandemic when every other provider is offering deals and lowering prices for kids learning online.

6. Dishdude714

Dishdude714 Member

Dec 2, 2019
    My address only qualifies for 5mbs for 45 a month lol

7. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    5mbs is that the old dsl? that is not even the uverse dsl?

8. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    My employer is in the city (5th largest in the state), and Comcast wants $5K to run cable two blocks from the residential neighborhood where it ends. AT&T only offers 5Mbs DSL there. They call EVERY WEEK trying to get us to upgrade to U-Verse (which is not available there). We finally got so sick of the calls, we started ordering it every time they called. They would send someone out to install it, and then find out it wasnt there. It took FOUR orders before they changed their computer to show it not available and stop harassing us. U-verse is about 15-25Mb/s around here.

In a year or so, I expect everyone will be able to subscribe to Starlink. Currently in Beta, its $99 per month.

9. Dishdude714

Dishdude714 Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Its funny. I live outside of la so not too far out there unless its competition apprently. Well, for 10 years all att has offered me was 3 or 5mbs. It never even got close to the speed, so streaming anything was out of the question. Then all of a sudden started getting flyers for att u verse and then fiber. All addressed to me with my name, and every time I called thinking finally....nope not available at ny address. When I asked then why are you sending me this crap. It was "our mistake"

So long story short after about 8 years of slow slow dsl, att wanted to raise my bill from 39.99 to 89.99 I'm not joking....when I called to of course ask wtf, in the hopes I could get some of discount, att said nope. So I asked, your going to charge me about 90 bucks for 3mbs? They said yes no discount....ok cool bye. So I have spectrum, it's hit and miss. And to this day I still get flyers from att about uverse and fiber, which isn't available here. I do check the address every once in awhile for laughs

10. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Depends on the network type in a given area. In some markets DSL was available alongside AT&T Internet (formally U-Verse Internet) and even AT&T Fiber (formally GigaPower.) The branding AT&T used for DSL was "FastAccess DSL".
    • DSL - (Typically referred to as plan DSL by telecoms) - Typically uses the first generation ADSL (Asymmetric digital subscriber line) standards. Depending on the standard used determined the speed in a given area. AT&T never went over 6/0.512 DSL speeds which means they were possibly using the base ADSL standard or ITU 6.9221 (ADSL G.dmt) which allows for up to 8/1 speeds. This was only available in AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC and TN from AT&T.
      • Taken from AT&T's speed tier page before discontinuation:
        • AT&T dsl.jpg
    • IPBB - This is the AT&T Internet network which uses a combination of ADSL2+, VDSL2 and G.Fast standards over a hybrid fiber optic/copper network. Speeds are asymmetrical. This is AT&T's most common network. In limited areas this network has the capability of going as high as 500/100 speeds.
      • ADSL2+ networks has a maximum 18/1.5 from AT&T depending on profile.
      • VDSL2 networks has a maximum of 100/20 from AT&T depending on profile.
      • G.fast allows up to 500/100 connections from AT&T - This is limited as AT&T started rolling this out in 2017 and at MDU's in major metropolitan areas.
      • The available tiers for this network. Not all areas will have max speeds listed here depending on the ADSL2+ or VDSL2 profile used. Some areas max out at Internet Basic 768, Internet Basic 3 or Internet Basic 5 because that area is on an older ADSL2+ standard. Other cutoff points are Internet 18, Internet 25, Internet 50, Internet 75 and Internet 100. This list includes grandfathered levels for current levels see this page:
        • AT&T IPBB.jpg
    • Fiber - AT&T Fiber - Uses FTTP (Fiber to the Premises) standards. Speeds are symmetrical. This is limited availability within the AT&T footprint.
      • Tier listing for Fiber areas. Currently AT&T only sells Internet 100, Internet 300 and Internet 1000 to Fiber eligible addresses:
        • AT&T Fiber.jpg

11. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    It doesn't sound like there are any problems with the billing then.

12. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    if it's AT&T there may not be any problems with the billing just the idiots that work the billing system. i would never bundle anything even more so with AT&T. as there CSR'S are god awfull even the ones in america. there's very few that know what there doing. i have DTV and that's bad enough once my contracts up i'm gone if DTV is not sold before then as AT&T'S customer service is complete utter ****!!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  13. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    I only have Wireless & DirecTV but the two are separate. I never did combine the two because there was no incentive to do so. My Video Loyalty Credit & free HBO automatically applied when I switched to AT&T and got Unlimited Plus because the last name & address on both accounts matched. I was just pointing out the new AT&T pricing that started last month for Internet is the same for bundled or standalone customers and answering a question about their network types.

krel likes this.
  14. Claude A Greiner

Claude A Greiner DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 7, 2018
    I’m afraid to bundle my billing. I have an employee Directv account and know somehow they would manage to screw it up and I could likely never get it back again

15. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Employee accounts can't be in combined bills. I had a friend at a CC try this and their guidance says to get the employee discount on D* it must be a standalone bill.

16. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I have all my ATT business on one bill.

But then, Directv is my ONLY business with ATT. :cool:

Teetertotter and krel like this.