1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comedy ch. In hd??

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by pookie99, Apr 22, 2009.

1. pookie99

pookie99 New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    My 'guide' tells me that the comedy channel is in HD but my well cailbrated eyes say other wise. Both Jon Stewart and Colbert were not in HD last night even though the side of the screen and guide listing had the 'HD' symbol....what gives???!?!? The formating stayed in 4:3 the entire time on my Vizio 16:9.:nono2:

2. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    Scrubs is not in HD either.

3. Suomi

Suomi AllStar

Jan 6, 2006
    At least they're not giving us stretch-o-vision.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Krod Mandoon and the Larry the Cable Guy Roast were both in HD. So CC does has some HD (just like most of the other HD channels).

5. satjay

satjay AllStar

Nov 20, 2006

For some strange reason, when scrubs was on NBC, those episodes were not in HD. Since moving to ABC they have. I am thinking the shows on Comedy central were the older ones thus no HD.

6. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    When Comedy Central launched their HD version, they announced that the studio changes for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report wouldn't be ready until next year. So until then we get pillar boxed lads, but full strength SD instead of watered down. Looks much better. :)

Cheers,
    Tom

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Interestingly, Daily Show shows the regular bug and Colbert Report shows the HD bug. (At least on DIRECTV, I have no reason to think Dish is any different.)

8. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    South park is also in hd, and some unknown comedian was on in hd the other night.
    They do have hd , unlike bet-hd which has NO hd.

9. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    I think that's Colbert's (persona) EGO. :)

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Stewart and Colbert wern't in HD this weekend at 5AM. I don't understand.

11. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I've noticed that also.

12. davethestalker

davethestalker Godfather

Sep 16, 2006
    South Park is in HD ;) So is King of the Hill and The Simpsons on Fox, but not Family Guy :(

13. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I know my Luddite streak is showing but could someone quickly explain the benefits of being able to see Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert in HD?:grin:

14. commodore_dude

commodore_dude AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    I've seen quite a bit of HD so far, and there's no stretch-o-vision to boot!

15. CoolGui

CoolGui Icon

Feb 8, 2006
    I feel like you are arguing for the sake of arguing, but personally I think EVERYTHING is better in HD. :)

16. jbrooks987

jbrooks987 AllStar

Jun 5, 2004
    You can become violently ill much more quickly!

17. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Scrubs was produced in SD until this season, when it was moved to ABC. ABC insisted on an HD production, against the wishes of the show's production staff, who would have preferred to finish the show's run in SD for consistancy. I'm personally happy that it's in HD this season, but don't count on seeing any of the old NBC shows in HD.

As others mentioned, The Daily Show and Colbert Report are still being produced in SD until their new HD studios will be ready sometime in 2010.

18. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    "Good answer... Good answer.... I like the way you think. I'm gonna be watching you." (Name the movie.) :)

Seeing "them" in HD isn't perhaps as much fun as seeing many scantily clad women in HD, but the wider screen could make some fun (when they start using it). :)

Cheers,
    Tom

19. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Professor Terguson (the late Sam Kinison) in "Back to School".

20. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    "Good answer" :)