Coming back to Dish <I Think>

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by cmalberto, Mar 15, 2019.

1. cmalberto

cmalberto AllStar

Jun 15, 2007
    Long story short - I may be coming back to Dish. But here are my challenges.

I think I only want 1 DVR receiver for my main Home - I have 1 main TV and 1 bedroom TV. I am on the fence about the second receiver - mainly trying to control costs. Coming back to Dish offers me a locked in price for 2 years which will help and I think there is about 22 dollars of DVR and Receiver cost being added to whichever service I select. Plus perhaps 7 more for the additional receiver if I choose.

Now all that being said - here is the rest of my challenge. I have beach location where my RV lives. I really don't want to go back to the Walley but might be an option. I plan to get rid of my Wifi down there at the beach as that is another 70 bucks a month - besides we have unlimited phone hotspots when needed/wanted.

If I want to bring my main home unit down to the beach location, what type of Sat do I need? And are there portable solutions so that I can bring with me when are traveling in the RV? - that is also my Wally option for being portable but really want to be able to watch what I have recorded and continue to record when I am at either location.

I thought I remembered seeing - but didn't have a Home Hopper at the time - that I could access my recordings from phone or FireTV app...if this is available or worth a hoot, that might be an option for my mobile/beach needs too.

I would appreciate some advice and options on what I can do. Thanks in advance.

--Mickey

2. Ronald Kohlman

Ronald Kohlman New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    If you sign up for auto bill pay they will lower the receiver costs, they will take $5 off the main hopper and $2 off a joey, normal cost would be $22, with auto pay sign up it will be $15 total for the two

3. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    We have a Hopper w/Sling installed at our upstate NY vacation cottage, and another one installed in our fulltime RV home. We use a portable tripod mounted Dish 1000.4 dish (see avatar photo) that we can switch between the eastern and western arc sats for the best clear view on tree obstructed camp sites. We also have FireTVsticks connected to the RV TV's with the DishAnywhere app installed that we use to watch live and/or recorded programs from the cottage Hopper as needed. The combination lets us watch programs we had the cottage Hopper record while we were underway between campgrounds, and also watch programs during quick overnight stops when we don't bother to set up the dish. The quality of the streamed programs is good as long as we have a good cell signal for one of our two hotspots. By having one hotspot on Verizon and the other on AT&T, at least one of them has had streaming capable speeds everywhere we've been so far with minimal buffering.