Commercials #%&#$

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Andrew Sullivan, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Active Member

Dec 7, 2017
    This may not be the place but. Trying to watch the final FEDEX golf tournament. Totally ruined by the never ending barrage of commercials.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would start watching it from a buffer in 30-60 minutes after... and use FF on ads

3. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    I've done that for years with the exception of live sports. Golf is no big deal but not great for baseball or football games. I probably record more stuff than anybody I know. Being retired helps. My TV averages 14 to 15 hours of on time every day. Sad

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    If you like sports and have D* you are not likely to find a better way to watch those sports. I've looked and looked and I don't see a better way. If you don't care about sports streaming solves the commercial problem...at this time. I've tried MLB and find that a lot clunkier than D*.

Rich

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Some streaming solves the commercial problem, but it’s not a given across the board. Even pay streaming on many services is with ads, and if they offer a no ad option it is at extra cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    Oh I agree with you Rich. Sometimes it just it reaches the point of absurdity and I crack. I've read a few surveys showing the minutes of commercials in a one hour show compared to 10, 15 years ago. Thank God for DVR's. Unfortunately when you watch live sports you forget what your life is like without FF.

7. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    When watching sports and I don’t want to watch the commercials I find that reading during the commercials help.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I don't watch anything that has commercials when I'm streaming. We do have Hulu without ads. I don't mind paying extra to get rid of the ads.

Rich

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I rarely watch anything live. CNN and the Weather Channel. That's about the extent of my live viewing and if something important is on CNN and I know I'm gonna be watching for awhile, like the political debates, I record it and watch it later. Same thing with sports. I kinda like commercials but the way the same commercials play over and over is disturbing.

Rich