1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concrete tile roof installation

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by sgkid1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. sgkid1

sgkid1 New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    After 3 DTV installers and a supervisor, who all tried very hard, determined that the only place that I'll have a clear LOS is from the top of my 2nd story roof I have an issue because they can't do an install on concrete tiles. So though searching here I've found 2 possibilities, a Versatile mount and a Commdeck tile mount. I'd link to them but I've always lurked here so I can't submit URLs yet.

Does anyone have experience with these mounts? It seems like the Commdeck would be more stable but you run the risk of leaks whole the versatile mount may be more unstable. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Also if anyone a good private installer who will go on a second story pitched roof safely in Burlingame CA let me know! :)

2. doctor j

doctor j Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2006
    Birmingham, Al.
    Commdeck makes several roof mount systems and are very reliable.
    In an after market setting(not a new roof) The commdeck box will have to be installed by a roofer and will not leak. The directv installer will use the mount once installed but will have no part in getting any installation of the base!

Doctor j

3. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Those tile roof systems are just about impossible to work with. Any modification will probably void your warranty. Even walking on them can damage them.

I would consider an under eave mast mount with monopoles. The next possibility is a 2" steel pipe from ground to above the second floor roof edge for LOS as required. And there is a roof ridge non penetrating mount that folds over both sides of the roof ridge.

You got problems!
    Good luck,

Joe