Condor Season TWO

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Whiskey River, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Whiskey River

Whiskey River Mentor

Apr 7, 2009
    so where is Condor Season two being shown these days, google searches list season two allready having shown multiple episodes, Its NOT on HBO max, looked there. and since all of Audience is gone, how the hell are people tuning into this season ???

ejbvt likes this.
  2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    The future of "Condor" is dependent on HBO Max. HBO Max has yet to make a announcement regarding the release date of "Condor season 2".

3. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    C More is airing Condor Season 2 in Scandinavia.

4. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Essentially all the Audience Originals are up in the air and WarnerMedia has to negotiate with the production/distribution companies about picking up those shows. Audience only commissioned the shows and provided some funding but never owned the distribution rights to them.

Like with Kingdom the rights reverted back to the production companies and Netflix was able to get the United States rights and added it to their platform yesterday now that Audience ended operations. Because DirecTV helped finance the show you still see DirecTV in the credits but now its is in name only. EndemolShine now handles worldwide distribution for that show since Audience ended operations and already had a deal in place with Netflix for all territories outside of the United States.

Similar to how ViacomCBS released all the Pop originals except for One Day At A Time only Flack has been picked up by Prime Video. ViacomCBS released the shows in March 2020 and Flack was picked up by Prime Video in June so 4 months. The UK already started airing Flack before the US due to the whole rights issues where ViacomCBS dropped the show from Pop after renewing it.

Sorting out the US rights with the demise of Audience and figuring out what HBO Max wants (or doesn't want) will take time. What HBO Max declines the production & distribution companies will most likely shop around to other networks and streaming services. Audience most likely had the exclusive US rights until the day it shut down and its rights were probably released on the day it shut down. Based on Flack I would personally estimate we may hear something by September at the earliest by that is my own personal educated guess.

If COVID-19 keeps Hollywood shut down and HBO Max can't continue production on its own originals now I could see them as a last resort trying to pick up those already in the can Audience Original series like Condor and You Me Her plus accelerating the negotiations in those areas.

5. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I have season 1 recorded on my DVR but I don't want to watch it if I can't watch season 2...