1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about TWCDeportes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by JohnBoy, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Aug 8, 2013 #1 of 11
    JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I have the Mas Ultra package and I keep getting error 721 when I try tuning to TWCDeportes #458.

Shouldn't this channel be apart of the Mas Ultra package according to D* website.

Read the last parargraph.

"DIRECTV Has Reached an Agreement with TWC SportsNet

Thanks to your patience and continued support, DIRECTV today entered into an agreement with the new Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Deportes to make the Lakers and other local teams available to your family. SportsNet will be launching on channel 691 and Deportes on channel 458 prior to Friday night's Laker's game.
    DIRECTV continues to believe no team should ever deny its most loyal fans access to any games they might want. We always strive to provide you the very best television experience at the most reasonable cost and are happy to achieve that once again with this new partnership. We know you have a choice among TV providers, and we appreciate your choosing us.
    For more information, visit DIRECTV Promise.
    [SIZE=9pt]Note:[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Time Warner Cable SportsNet requires a base programming package of CHOICE or higher and Deportes requires a base programming package of MAS[/SIZE] ULTRA or higher."

[SIZE=9pt]I called D* CS last night and the lady was as confused as I was because TWCdeportes does not show up in the Sports pack as well and I cant get it on my Mas ultra Package.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]So just how is one able to watch said channel?[/SIZE]

2. Aug 8, 2013 #2 of 11
    richard1428

richard1428 Cool Member

May 6, 2010
    Did she reauthorized your receiver?. If not try to do it on the web
    I had the same error when they added the channel. I didnt care and it got fixed itself.

I have mas ultra and sports pack

3. Aug 8, 2013 #3 of 11
    JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I just reauthorized my reciever via the web and I still get 721 on said channel.

Maybe its only available with sports pack,but they sure did not word it accordingly in the presser in my first post.

4. Aug 8, 2013 #4 of 11
    RandyOH

RandyOH New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    wouldn't it have to be in the sports pack out of the L.A. market? Being in Spanish doesn't make it not a RSN.

5. Aug 8, 2013 #5 of 11
    ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    There are blackouts on TWCD. Although you can watch the Lakers on your phone on TWCD, at least I could last season! It is treated like an RSN: the Galaxy (games and some shows), Lakers (games only), and Sparks (live games) are blacked out as any RSN would be. I have En EspaƱol and Sports Pack.

6. Aug 8, 2013 #6 of 11
    ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Why not? It's an RSN.

7. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Does the OP live in the LA market?

8. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    The 721 message is the blackout message if the game is available in one of the MLB EI, NBA LP, etc packages. I have seen a few posts about this recently on this and the other site. I don't understand why it's all of a sudden confusing people....

9. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006

Is the Spanish broadcasts on TWCSN Deportes included in those packages? i wouldn't have guessed that.

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Because Directv stated in their presser,which is posted in my first post that "Mas Ultra" and above is needed to view said channel.

I have Mas Ultra and they have me block and TWCD doesn't even show up on the Sports pack listing on D* website.So thats why the confusement.

11. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Are you in the LA market or not?