1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect DP311 to tv via wireless?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by chasmeister, Dec 14, 2014.

1. chasmeister

chasmeister New Member

Dec 14, 2014
    West Virginia
    I have a DP311 receiver. Can I make it wireless using a co-ax to HDMI adaptor and an HDMI wireless sender? I'm trying to connect a 5 year old flat screen wirelessly.

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    311 is SD and I assume your flat screen is HD why not just switch to Hopper/Joey?

3. chasmeister

chasmeister New Member

Dec 14, 2014
    West Virginia
    Cost, mainly. I'm retired....

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    There are all sorts of wireless solutions that use the composite outputs of the 311. They aren't widely available as people are no longer interested but if you search Amazon for "wireless tv extender", you can find several in the $40-60 range..

You CANNOT economically get from modulated NTSC RF or composite to HDMI.

5. chasmeister

chasmeister New Member

Dec 14, 2014
    West Virginia
    Thanks, Harsh! That's exactly what I was hoping to find. Problem solved!

6. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    The Hopper Duo is low cost compared to Hopper3 and even better is the Wally. You might get a free upgrade on the Wally and it has 2 tuners if you connect a Hard drive.

The other good reason is DISH is discontinuing all the VIP receivers except the 211 series. The Wally also has a UHF remote.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Call CSR, perhaps they would exchange your old 311 to 211/k/z/wally for free