1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection issue with receiver and tv

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by abechelli, Nov 20, 2016.

1. abechelli

abechelli New Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Quick question. I am adding a new tv to my 722k receiver in another room but the coaxial input jack on the tv is broken. Is there anyway I can connect my tv to the receiver without the coaxial port? I have an rf modulator but I don't think it will help. Any solutions other than getting my tv repaired? I would really appreciate it!!! I am not very skilled in this kind of stuff.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You can run 3 coax wires ans use coax to RCA connectors to use the composite connection on your TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. abechelli

abechelli New Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Ok thank you. I if I use this method would I be able to change channels
    seperately from the main television?

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Does your TV have connections other than coax? Yes the UHF remote will still work.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Depends on what other options you have on your TV for video input. Without knowing that, it's hard to say more.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    3 RG6 or RG59 cables, then get 6 (3 pairs) of F to RCA connectors. I'd suggest color coding them (yellow, red , white) to make it easier to hook them up correctly. Yellow for video, r/w for audio.

If you have a working VCR with NTSC tuner that has RCA outputs, that could take the place of running individual cables..

7. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    U can also just use a cat5 cable instead. U can get 2 of these punch down connectors, well 4 i guess, 2 for each side:
    http://www.smarthome.com/leviton-40735-rrw-rca-110-type-quickport-connector-red.html

I've seen those sold at HomeDepot but havnet looked for them recently. Just use 1 for video, 1 for audio. u can use a blade/knife to push the pairs down onto the jack IF it doenst include 1 of those devices that pushes it down for you. Lot easier to run 1 wire than 3. Or u can go the RG6 route and just run 2 instead of 3. Do u really need 2 audio channels? If nothing else, u can use an rca Y cable to split the audio out to the TV's input.

Another option is Wireless. Depends on how far away the remote tv is??
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=10247&gclid=CLe4jObJ0dACFY9KDQod-UMHOA

That's just an example of one, im sure there are many others u can find online to "wirelessly" send the audio/video to the remote location.