1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connector Cover - Where do you get these?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by tedb3rd, Jul 18, 2008.

  1. tedb3rd

    tedb3rd Godfather DBSTalk Club

    Feb 2, 2006
    I have looked all over the internet for the RG-6 connector covers that come on (at least) the DPP-44 switch. Does anybody know what the 'technical' name of these things are/what you call them? Even better, where can I order some. See the attachment to see what I'm talking about. Thanks to anybody who can provide any information!!! --Ted

    Attached Files:

  2. Drew2k

    Drew2k New Member

    Aug 16, 2006
    Try searching for RF connector protector/protective/dust caps or similar ...

    Not sure what they're called either, but if you're really desperate to find some and don't mind spending a few extra unnecessary bucks to get them, you can pick up some cheap splitters, and usually each RF connector will have one of these caps on it within the packaging.
  3. tedb3rd

    tedb3rd Godfather DBSTalk Club

    Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks for the ideas, but no luck. I can find lots of surge protectors, waterproof 'boots' (that go over the male end of this connection'), but nothing what I'm looking for. I'm going to try to call some local installers to see if they might be able to shed some light.

    ...still open to ideas if anybody else can point me in a direction!
  4. RobertE

    RobertE New Member

    Jun 9, 2006
    Those caps only help protect the ports/threads during shipping, nothing more.

    They do nothing to keep out moisture and do slightly better on dirt/dust.

    I throw lots of them away weekly. They come on all DirecTv 6x8 & 4x8 switches.

    My cat does like to bat them around from time to time though.
  5. TheRatPatrol

    TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

    Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    You can try using some electrical tape.
  6. Tom Robertson

    Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

    Nov 15, 2005
    If this is to seriously seal a switch, I would put the switch in a weather proof box with cables entering from the bottom.

    If that isn't feasible, I would get a number of terminators, cut out the center conductor, and put them on as caps with a good sealant. (And perhaps some electrical tape as well.)

    Good luck,

Share This Page