1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Continuous Problems that aren’t getting FIXED

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Rob37, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Pixelation Pixelation Pixelation Pixelation Pixelation Pixelation Pixelation Did I Mention PIXEL-Fu*kin-ation? When in the Hell is the problem going to get fixed? It has been going on for more than a year it hasn’t just started, it’s been going on for a LONG time. I have almost had it with DIRECTV. The only reason I am still with them is for the NFL Ticket. The picture quality is great but when Pixelation starts happening it isn’t. I don’t want to leave after this year but me & the family have started discussing it. DIRECTV AT&T better shape up fast because we are long time customers & we have just about had it with them. Whether I cancel or not remains to be seen but right now we aren’t happy.

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Leave. Not having problems here

ericknolls likes this.
  3. DR2420

DR2420 New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Michigan
    This pixelation issue is so strange. It's been happening to a lot of people, including myself...However, it doesn't seem to be happening to everybody. It's been going on for too long and it is the reason I got rid of it. What's even more frustrating is that they don't even acknowledge it a lot of times nor give you an exact answer of what the issue is and when it's going to be fixed. At this point, it's either not a priority or they don't really know. One thing I do know: There wasn't anything wrong with my equipment/satellite or cabling, so it was most definitely a DIRECTV issue.

I had some reps acknowledge it being an issue they've been hearing about quite a bit while others said they didn't know anything about it. One said it was a software issue and an update would be out in like September or October and now here we are in December nearly and now it's possibly going to be fixed at the end of this month. I don't buy it. Month after month continues to go by and the issue still persists. It's kind of like a.. I don't know what the problem is or when it is going to be fixed so we'll just tell the customer a fix should be out within the next month or so hoping the customer will ride it out.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    No pixelation for me

5. Dec 1, 2018 #5 of 67
    I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Are you both stating that you have ZERO instances of video/audio freezes/stutter ever?
    I have them frequently on my HR54, HR24s, and C61Ks.
    I also see it at my daughters home as well as my sisters and they are both in different states.
    The mention of the issues is so widespread on these boards I find it inconceivable that anyone has ZERO instances of the issue.

6. Dec 1, 2018 #6 of 67
    compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    You can find it as inconceivable as you want. Maybe I don’t watch as much TV as others but no I never see that

I WANT MORE likes this.
  7. Dec 1, 2018 #7 of 67
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I too have experienced pixilation, video/audio freezes and stutter on several channels but I don't find it inconceivable that others haven't. As you are probably aware there have been widespread reports of people reporting missing recordings in their PLAYLIST yet I have never been affected by this issue.

AngryManMLS likes this.
  8. Dec 1, 2018 #8 of 67
    texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Virtually none. Occasional on ESPN, very occasional on NBC but not recently. Had pixelation on ABC but that stopped a couple of months ago. HR54 and HR24. One C61 client but I rarely use it.

9. Dec 1, 2018 #9 of 67
    Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007
    Not leaving cause we get it a lot here in the northeast. BIG problem I agree with OP

10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I got rid of most of the problems you've listed above. Now I have two HRs, a 44 and a 24 that run so well it's like watching an Internet stream. I had all the problems you had and I do see the occasional blip but it always seems to be a broadcast issue since I can replicate them. The problems I had never stopped no matter what I did. Now they have...Curious?

Rich

11. Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy Godfather

Jan 23, 2007
    The video freezing & stuttering has ALWAYS been there. The pixelation has gotten far worse in the last month or so. I watch mostly sports channels.

I WANT MORE likes this.
  12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Kinda hard to believe that anybody "never" sees pixies, isn't it? I've been with D* since 2002 and the last 3+ months have been relatively free of pixies. That's 3 months out of 16 YEARS! I always saw them and I have no equipment or cabling problems. Nobody has been able to help, the audio and visual problems just kept happening.

Rich

I WANT MORE likes this.
  13. Microphone

Microphone AllStar

Jan 30, 2007

And I should mention too Rich on the rare occasion I get somebody in the know at D*, they have admitted that problem exists in certain areas and "they are working on it." (Code for praying for a quicker rollout of streaming boxes). This is same person who admitted to me that there was a problem with the disappearing DVR programs and to hit red reset button and "we still don't know what's causing that bug." These problems exist, pixelation may be geographical, but it's here in Southern New England.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  14. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    The only pixilation I've experienced has been tied to weather.

But I don't think that is what the TS/OP is talking about.

15. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    I've got it. Pixelation on random channels, stutter, audio drop out, all of it. Had a service call, replaced the LNB and a ground wire, no difference.

I WANT MORE likes this.
  16. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    All (or most) channels or "local" broadcast ones mostly. I suspect, depending upon where you live, there are issues with local channels sending stuff to vendors and/or the adding of local ads and local banners at bottom of screens.

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I doubt it's the software. The CSRs will tell you anything to pacify you. Four months ago I would have agreed with you about the software. I made one change to the DVRs I use and I don't see what I used to anymore. It may be a geographical problem but I saw audio and video breakups constantly here for years. Now they are gone. One of the worst channels was YES. I watch every inning of every game (well, I try) and always had breakups. Don't have them on YES anymore. Same thing with FOX. Watched the Cowboys game this week on FOX and saw no problems.

Rich

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    It would help knowing where you are...

Rich

19. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    Not just where located, but Channel #, time and TV model, along with STB specs. Locals can be screwy sometimes, but if it's across the board, that'd be something to latch onto.

Rich likes this.
  20. slovell

slovell New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Chesnee, SC
    Upstate, SC