1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contract expiration date

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Cavicchi, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    I have looked all over my account on DirecTV website and cannot find it. Is there a way to see your contract expiration date without calling them?

2. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    I remember looking before but never found it. Calling is probably best bet. Then they may also offer discounts.

3. grover517

grover517 AllStar DBSTalk Club

Sep 29, 2007
    I looked as well and finally called. Even though my end date is this fall, I ended up with 80.00/mo. in discounts over the next year without even asking for them. It's worth the call.

4. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    Wow! My contract expires sometime around, I think, January of next year. Did you threaten to leave? I mean, you just asked for expiration date and they gave you those discounts?

5. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    Congrats. I gave up with the yearly asking for discounts dance last fall. Got tired of HD fees, DVR Fees, and other fees. Dropped Directv and went with Sling.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I called once after getting a replacement DVR. I was concerned that it was going to be considered an upgrade and my contract extended. So I called and asked to confirm my end date. Specifically told them I wasn't planning on leaving (so no threats). I got some incredible rebates w/o even asking. YMMV. (And it was several years before the AT&T buy-out).

7. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    Well, Sling is definitely cheaper but all that streaming eats up data use. And, I didn't see MLB TV listed for their service, not even SNY.

8. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    Baseball isn't my thing. As long as I can watch Nascar and College Football I'm good. Luckily I don't have a data cap (knocks on wood).

9. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    I have cable for Internet, and we do have a data cap. My allowance is 1.2 TB

Otherwise, I must say the cost of Sling and adding premiums like HBO is very, very good!

Brian Hanasky likes this.
  10. grover517

grover517 AllStar DBSTalk Club

Sep 29, 2007
    No, I didn't threaten to leave nor did I even make a comment that I was unhappy in any way. To tell the truth, I am as shocked as anyone at the discounts they literally threw at me. Can't say why they did it but the first level rep gave me 40.00/mo off on the premium channels (HBO, etc.) and then transferred me to a rep that could actually tell me my expiration date and he matched it with 40.00/mo off on my Premier package as a whole.

The only comment I did make was a casual one while the second rep was looking up my contract end date where I told him that as long as D* never made me upgrade me to a HS17 setup (server/clients), I would probably die a D* customer! He asked me why and I said I would never accept a system that had a single point of failure and preferred to have separate tuners in each room.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    joshjr and jimmie57 like this.
  11. Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy Godfather

Jan 23, 2007
    I was also looking online for my contract expiration date and can't find it. I think I had D* swap out a HR23 for an HR24 about a year ago but can't remember. I'm seriously considering switching to Sling. I'm already paying an extra fee from CommieCrap to avoid the data cap.

I have the C61K. I'm wondering why we should have to pay a penalty for early cancellation on equipment that has NEVER worked properly? Has anyone tried to fight this?

I'm a sports junkie. I also watch a lot of programming on HBO & Showtime. The way D* has their packages set up, I have to subscribe to ALL the premium channels to watch one sports channel I'm hooked on, beIN Sports. This irritates the *** out of me. I could add the Sports pack from Sling for $10, plus HBO & Showtime and still save about $100 a month. I could subscribe to NHL TV & MLB TV separately and still come out ahead compared to $200+ average monthly for D*. I no longer care about NFL ST.

Thoughts?

12. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Not available online - you have to call them to get expiration date.