1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Controlling another TV

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kurts, Mar 13, 2009.

1. kurts

kurts Cool Member

Jun 1, 2004
    I have 2(2 tuner receivers) and all is hooked up...I am looking to connect
    a 5th tv and was wondering if any body has any experience with wireless
    audio/video transmitter/receiver units......do you get interference from other
    appliances when they are in use...I am looking for recommendations...tnx

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I use an inexpensive wireless A/V transmitter to three small TV's. I have the transmitter in the den and feed a TV in the kitchen and two upstairs. The input is composite. A 2.4Ghz telephone will interfere as will my microwave oven. I've put off installing a wireless network since they run at 2.4Ghz.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I found that biting the bullet and pulling the cable worked best for me. If the wireless video extenders work for you - great.

4. kurts

kurts Cool Member

Jun 1, 2004
    I found that biting the bullet and pulling the cable worked best for me

can you run another cable from a dual tuner reciever...I don't see
    any more co-ax connections to do this...

5. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    It might help if you told us what model receivers you have and are they dual tuner or are they dual tuner and dual TV? A 612 is two tuners but only has one TV output where as a 622 has two tuners and two TV outputs. On the two TV models there is a video distribution coax output (you can designate the channel it transmits on) for feeding other tvs. You could have multiple receivers transmitting on the same coax but on different frequencies and then decide which receiver you watch by what channel you select on each tv.

6. kurts

kurts Cool Member

Jun 1, 2004
    I have (2) 622 revceivers with 4 tv's currently hooked up....I am looking to
    connect a 5th tv if possible....

7. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    There is virutally no limit of TV's that you can connect to the home distribution outputs of these receivers. And such tvs can watch either TV1 or TV2 output (dual mode). Obvious need to watch same programming as other TVs. Might want additional remotes.

8. kurts

kurts Cool Member

Jun 1, 2004
    So do I just split that home distribution signal to 2nd tv...when it already
    conneted to a first tv

9. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Yes, all you need is a cable splitter to split the output to feed the correct number of TVs.

Obviously, this doesn't create an additional tuner, so 2 or more of the TVs will have to watch the same thing, but that's often fine for TVs that aren't used all the time.

10. Ayakata

Ayakata New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Hello there. Please I am new to this forum and I would like to get some of your professional advice on how to use my remote harmony remote control and RF wireless extender. Here is my scenario I have a DISH network satellite and I can only see all the channels on one tv (My living room TV) but I would like to also see these channels in my room tv as well, so somebody suggested that I will need an Logitech Harmony RF Wireless Extender and an 670 RF wireless remote control and a cable splitter. Now my questions are: are these what I really needed and secondly how do I go by making this work please? Thanks in advance and God bless
    Ayakata

Most importnatly is there some thing I can buy that will make me watch different channels at the same time of the two tvs. and better yet can I do this to more than two tvs?

11. scoobyxj

scoobyxj Godfather

Apr 15, 2008
    As far as setting up the Harmony remote I can't be of any help. I would have just suggested you have gotten a UHF to IR remote extention from Dish. As far as getting the TV video from your current receiver to the second TV just use a standard coax splitter off the TV output and run a cable to the second TV. This set up will allow you to watch the same programming on both TV's. Now if you want seperate programming on each TV there are two ways to go about it. First you can call dish and order up a sacond single tuner receiver, and have a tech come out in install it. Second you can order up a Dual Tuner receiver to replace your current receiver, but it will allow you to have two TV's with each there own programming.