1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting VIP 211K from IR to UHF

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by robertsonsk, May 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. robertsonsk

robertsonsk New Member

May 21, 2013
    Tennessee
    I've gotten so many Dish customer service opinions that I'm confused. I have a VIP 211k receiver with 20.1 IR remote. I want to convert it to UHF so that I can tune it from another room. Some say yes, some say no.

Is there anyone out there who really knows and can supply me with a "real" part number or supplier who understands what I need.

Thanks

Steve

2. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi Steve, I would be happy to help with this. Unfortunately, VIP211K receivers can not be converted to UHF from IR. I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions please let me know.

3. GravelChan

GravelChan Legend

Jan 30, 2005
    Chiri, while what you say is technically true, Dish does/or did sell an IR to Uhf Pro remote extender which accomplishes the desired result.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    There are many IR extenders that will do what you want though technically they don't convert the 211 to UHF. Some are as simple as replacing a battery with a UHF sender to adapters that fit on the remote to hard wired remote IR receivers and repeaters. Try a google search for IR senders.

5. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I apologize about the confusion on my part. GravelChan, is correct we do sell IR to UHF converters. Please send me a PM if you would like for me to look into getting one sent out to you.