1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupted DVR Programs

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by cames, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    We had two back-to-back shows recording. We started watching show #1 from the beginning at about 40 minutes into live TV. At roughly 40 minutes into the show, that is where liveTV was when began watching, the picture and audio quickly became garbled and then seemed to start over from the beginning of the show. That was strange, but we didn't think too much of it. The strange part was that essentially the same thing happened in show #2--40 minutes in, it went all to hell. Fortunately, I deleted the two and was able to record from a later replay. But it was concerning. This was on a 622 connected via composite to a Dish-brand HD. Any thoughts?

2. R_Childress

R_Childress AllStar

Jan 4, 2006
    Back to back timers. Were they on the same channel. If so be sure to set the 'start one minute early' and 'end x minutes late' options to 0. My 622 does not handle overlaping timers on the same channel well at all.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The 622 will not do overlapping timers on one input. It will record one on TV1 and the other on TV2 - I have had no problems with this.

4. David_Levin

David_Levin Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 22, 2002
    PADS: I prefer the 622 to what the 921 did. Try to use both tuners if not available let the user resolve the conflict. 921 would remove the pads and I'd miss the start/end of the show. Even worse, once removed, the pads not return the following week.

Now, the first users problems sound different then this. I had back to back timers for OTA Alias/Invasion last night. I started watching Alias in progress. Didn't have any problems.

cames: Unless there are other reports, I suggest a reboot and see if the problem reoccurs.

5. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    It sounds likes cames DVR problem is related to memory saturation where a reset normally would have occurred.

6. voripteth

voripteth Legend

Oct 25, 2005
    Next time you have a "corrupted" show, don't delete it right away. Reboot the DVR and see if you can then replay it. I'm seeing a problem with L356 where some programs don't replay properly unless your system is freshly rebooted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.