1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Costs with D*

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bobkvjr, Jan 12, 2010.

What are your plans with D*

1. Very Happy with pricing, will add more packages

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Very Happy with pricing, will not add more packages

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Dont care about prices

30 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. Very Unhappy with pricing, will not add more packages

43 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Very Unhappy with pricing, will drop packages

63 vote(s)
    22.6%
  6. Very Unhappy with pricing, considering other providers

56 vote(s)
    20.1%
  7. Just dropping packages to save $$$

47 vote(s)
    16.8%
  8. Leaving D*

37 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobkvjr

bobkvjr Legend

Aug 4, 2007
    Hey Hey !! Here is another stupid poll asking the same question (aka -beating a dead horse) AGAIN ! What are your plans in the upcoming new year?

2. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    Unhappy (but not very) and already dropped a premium due to the upcoming price bump.

3. ziggy29

ziggy29 Icon

Nov 18, 2004
    San Antonio DMA
    Tired of all the price increases (what deflation?), considering moving to only OTA combined with Netflix, Hulu and ESPN360.

4. onan38

onan38 Legend

Jul 17, 2008
    +1

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I'm unhappy with the price currently and plan on dropping my premium channel subscriptions soon (HBO, Starz, Showtime). If they end up adding more HD versions I may think of picking them back up but for now I'm sick of paying for them when most of the channels are SD so I don't watch them.

6. Sysyphus

Sysyphus AllStar

Nov 27, 2007
    How about "resigned to the fact that prices are going up more than inflation rate yet again, and too cynical to believe that any other provider is actually going to be any better"

7. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I picked 'Dont care about prices,' but I like your idea.

8. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Don't care. $7.00 per month is no big deal. 2 less latte's per month and I'm even.

9. Sysyphus

Sysyphus AllStar

Nov 27, 2007
    But it's always two less latte's per month every dang year... I'll be down to negative latte's by the middle of the decade :nono2: ... and there will still be a list as long as your arm of HD channels that are coming "soon" :rolleyes:

10. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    I think the latest round of price increases has hit a price point for most people. A home with no premiums, but with four tvs will pay $79.99 for HD Plus DVR (or whatever it is called now), plus an extra $15 for the 3 additional boxes. With tax, the bill is now over $100. And, this is with no real extras, and no premiums.

11. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Don't care either. Not intending to drop down a programming package or drop a sports programming package.

12. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007

This was my exact thought as well when I picked "Don't care". It is what it is and I like my service.

13. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Im fine with the pricing, because its on par with other providers, I get a good HDDVR, and have excellent PQ.

14. Tubaman-Z

Tubaman-Z Godfather

Jul 30, 2007
    Looking at going from 3 DVRs to 2 DVRs to offset the price increase (currently grandfathered into Total Choice+ ).

Agree with poster who mentioned looking at OTA, Hulu, etc.. Just need to setup a PC as a DVR.

15. YCT

YCT Cool Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Dropped HBO and picked up Netflix which is break even money wise. One good thing is that I can stream "Live Starz" which is the Starz east feed.

16. ChrisPC

ChrisPC Godfather

Jun 16, 2003
    I just had U-verse installed and am actually tempted to drop D*. I never thought I would.

17. studdad

studdad Icon

Aug 11, 2008
    costs just keep going up and up and up, despite the worst economic conditions since the Great Depression. Dish and Government Utilities (gas, electric, sewer, etc.) are like two peas in a pod when it comes to outrageous price increases every year. During good economic time I wouldn't mind, but during times like these, it just adds salt to the wounds.

All that being said, I will wait and see what happens with D12. If it is a disaster National HD channel wise, like D11 was, then I AM GONE FOR GOOD, and D* can kiss my you know what. If they surprise me and actually add a LOT more National HD channels, as opposed to filling the bird with PPV and EVEN MORE OBSCURE SPORTS CHANNELS, then I will probably stay,,,,,,for now.

18. CG Tustin

CG Tustin Mentor

Sep 17, 2007
    Listen...

If they raise prices, so be it, but they have to give me more channel choice in return....TW cable raised the price 8 years ago and took channels away...

I have never looked back..:)

19. scoop8

scoop8 Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    Dallas TX
    I voted "Unhappy, will not be adding new svcs", but I'm already a Premuim/Sportspak subs. I'm waiting for D12 and will decide if I'll drop back to Choice+.

20. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    I certainly understand where you are coming from. But I guess my main reason for not minding the increases is that I feel that as a Premium sub I get pretty much everything I need along with some great sports bonus programming (Olympics, Golf, NASCAR etc). And with D12 ready to go live in late April or early May I will get an even better value. IMO no other provider comes close to having all the things that I like about D*. It's worth the extra loot for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.