1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Not Read Access Card

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by etexlady, Oct 1, 2018.

1. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    This has happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks. I’ll be watching a recorded program and the recording just stops and shows this message on the screen. No weather related problems, no software update during the recording period, nothing. I also turned on the tv one morning and was greeted with a message that the “master br client is not authorized” and nothing I did could get past that screen other than clicking the box to remove that client. I did a red button reboot, refresh, etc. Interesting that my iPad Pro is now authorized - how did that happen?
    These guys need to get their stuff together. I guess I’ll have to call support and see what they say.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Remove the access card and gently wipe off the part that looks like a credit card chip and reinsert it. Do not put any liquids on it.

3. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Thanks, jimmie57. I think that worked and I was also able to re-authorize the client. Time will tell.

jimmie57 likes this.
  4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    well, you'll need to use isopropanol or rubbing alcohol to real cleaning smart card's contacts !