1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country Star Mindy McCready dead at 37

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Davenlr, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
  2. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Godfather

Oct 14, 2004
    Northern...
    how sad!! sounds like she had quite a troubled life. I remember when she played here in my town, had to have been in the late 90's

3. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I watch a lot of the broadcast rerun channels: MeTV, AntennaTV, ThisTV, Cozi-TV. Every time I see some actor in a thirty or forty year old episode who I hadn't seen in decades, I punch in his or her name along with IMDB, and I find dead, dead, dead.

Lots of suicides, and lots of heart attacks attested to by Los Angeles coroners back when they could all be trusted to conceal overdoses.

I remember George Reeves killing himself back in I think 1959. It really stuck in people's minds, because... how could Superman kill himself? A decade later, there was a rash of them, Inger Stevens, Bob Crane, Pete Duel, Freddy Prince. All people who were in the primes of their careers. Hardly a week goes by in which I don't discover another one. Just last week, I looked up Rick Jason... the Combat co-star who got overshadowed by Vic Morrow, who himself died famoiusly. Jason committed suicide at age seventy seven.

Wikipedia has a list of actors who committed suicide. I think it is about 350 people long. I wish they had it illustrated, because a lot of them were characters whose names most of us don't recognize.

4. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    Bob Crane was bludgeoned to death.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Certainly drugs and also typecasting are a big part of it, as well as blacklisting during that period.

6. TXD16

TXD16 Icon

Oct 29, 2008
    Mindy was simply unable to defeat her demons. So young, so sad.

7. TXD16

TXD16 Icon

Oct 29, 2008
    Bob Crane was bludgeoned to death. That's one heck of a way to commit suicide!

8. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Worse, she has two young childeren. Even worse, the father of one of those childeren committed suicide less than a year ago. How horrible for these two kids.

9. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    R.I.P. Mindy.

10. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    R.I.P. Mindy

11. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    That was my biggest takeaway from the article and that's why I hope she doesn't RIP. Why should she? She left some major duties unfulfilled by her own choice.

12. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    How easy it is to criticize the dead when they are not here to defend themselves. Perhaps if you experienced the depths of her depression you'd be more understanding and not judgemental.

13. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Yet life goes on. Here's a short list of successful people who were orphaned early in their childhood. Aristotle. Moses, Muhammad, Herbert Hoover, Andrew Jackson, Ella Fitzgerald, Ingrid Bergman, Ice-T.

14. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Sometimes I wish I had been orphaned when I was a kid... ;)