1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of DirecTivo Questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Shana, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shana

Shana New Member

Jan 15, 2003
    I am a proud new owner of DirecTivo, loving it so far just trying to get used to it being so different (and nicer) than my old RCA receiver.

When recording two shows, do you have to watch one of them or can you watch another station while they record? I was trying to record two shows the other night and was wanting to watch another show but wasn't able to figure out how to do that.

Also, how do you get it to not have so many suggestions? Does it automatically record the suggestions if space available?

Thanks!!

2. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    If you're recording two different shows you cannot watch a third new show. You can only watch a prerecorded show that's on your hard drive.

Remembering from my stand alone Tivo, there is a preferences option which you can tell the Tivo to turn on or off it's suggestions. I assume it's the same with the DirecTivo.

3. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes you can turn suggestions on and off. They will be deleted if you run out of room. My TiVo thinks I like Mexican Soap Operas and most any movie on Oxygen... :bang

4. Shana

Shana New Member

Jan 15, 2003
    groovy, I knew there was something else you can watch while recording

ha ha I'm pretty surprised at some of the things "it" thinks I will want to watch

5. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    :rolling:

6. EricG

EricG Godfather

Mar 28, 2002
    Check out the TiVo Forum. A wealth of knowledge !

7. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    You cannot record two shows live while watching another one because it requires two seperate tuners to record those two shows and in order to watch another one it would require a third tuner. Being able to watch a show while two are recording does not use a tuner but the hard drive to retrieve the show from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.