1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating timers (ViP622)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by gcotterl, Oct 29, 2016.

1. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    How do I create timers so the programs play ONLY on TV1?

2. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    How do I create timers so the recorded programs do NOT play at their broadcast time?

3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Please explain your question?

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    The programs recorded are available on both tuners. If you want adult supervision you can lock programming.

5. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Suppose a program is to be broadcast tomorrow night at 8 PM.
    At 3 PM today, I create a timer to record that program.
    When 8 PM tomorrow night arrives, the program starts playing on my TV and interrupts whatever I'm watching at that time.

How do I create the timer so the program does NOT play at 8 PM?

6. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    After I create a timer, when I press the DVR button on remote TV1.
    The DISH On Demand screen is displayed.
    I then cursor down to My Recordings and press Select.
    The My Recordings screen is displayed.
    I then cursor over to Schedule and press Select.
    The Daily Schedule screen is displayed.
    The first column shows which TV (1 or 2) the program will be played on
    The second column shows the time the program will be recorded.
    The third column shows the program title

How do I create the timer the program will only be played on TV1.
    (Currently, I have to go to the Timer Event screen and skip programs with TV2.

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If you are in solo mode (as opposed to duo mode) you can set a preference... but in reality, the receiver should use whatever tuner is not in use at the primary location first, then it will use the other one. While they are labeled Tuner 1 and Tuner 2, it is mostly transparent to the user in solo mode... in duo mode TV2 gets the 2nd tuner only for live viewing, but will have access to anything on the DVR unless you password or parental-lock protect them.

8. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Put your receiver in single mode and watch your current channel on turner 1. Your timer will record on tuner 2 but you can't stop the recording from running real-time on tuner 2....You can't record a channel without it being played real-time on tuner 2. The 622 must tune to the timer channel to record it...

9. Nov 2, 2016 #9 of 13
    gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    I put my receiver in single mode and I'm watching TV2.
    When I create a timer then look at the "Daily Schedule", the TV icon contains "2" (which I assume means "TV2")
    How do I create a timer so the TV icon contains "1" (so the recorded programs play on "TV1"?

The same thing happens when I put my receiver in single mode and I'm watching TV1.
    When I create a timer then look at the "Daily Schedule", the TV icon contains "2".
    How do I create a timer so the TV icon contains '1' (so the recorded programs play on "TV1"?)

10. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    It means tuner 2 not TV 2 so in single mode that isn't s problem

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

11. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Think of the "Tuner 1 or 2" as a function of logical tuner 1 or 2.

Tuner 1 is always the one you are watching and tuner 2 is the other one.

If you are in single mode and watching both tuners in split-screen mode the one on the left with audio is tuner 1, the screen on the right is tuner 2.

If a timer is ready to fire while you are in split-screen mode (PIP) you will get a warning about 2 minutes before the timer is fired so you have time to choose which channel you want to watch when the timer fires so you can close the one that will record the timer event...the one you chose to watch becomes "Tuner-1" and your timer will record on "Tuner-2"

All tuner references are logical functions, not actually physical tuners..

12. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    How do I "choose" which tuner I want to watch?

13. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    You must be in "Single" mode to "choose", The channel you are currently watching is logical Tuner-1...if you are in PIP mode the channel you are watching on the left, which also has audio, is logical Tuner-1.

Any other channel tuned will be logical Tuner-2..and it will be tuned to the last channel you selected before selecting logical tuner 1 to watch..

If you also have an OTA connected to your 622 you also have the option to watch it, then logical tuners 1 & 2 can be used to record two different channels..

The only way you can watch a channel from a "known" tuner is by disconnecting one of the two coaxes from the receiver...

You need to forget about which tuner you're watching...the tuner is a logical function, not a selection of a physical tuner..

If you are in duel mode both your TV-1 and TV-2 sets will be tuned to a "Logical" tuner-1...