Crossed out symbol on recordings

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Richjr42, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Richjr42

Richjr42 New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the crossed out symbol from future recordings. My mom has a Genie mini and records quite a few shows,most of which have that stupid symbol and they’re marked as [FAMILY] as the photo shows. I don’t want to get rid of any of these shows. She’ll kill me.

Attached Files:

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I do not know which DVR you have but that looks like the symbol that means it is not going to record.
    Usually that is because you are trying to record too many programs at once.
    Check the To Do list and see how many are recording at that time.

3. Richjr42

Richjr42 New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    It’s a Whole home Genie HR54 with two minis.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Makes me think you are trying to record too many programs at the same time. Take a look at your To Do list.

Rich

5. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    That's the you can't play this recording right now because there are too many recording already being played" message. Try rebooting the HR54 and see if make the issue go away.

I've been having a similar issue on my HR54 and mini clients since the last software update. Anytime I used the mini or the 54 to watch a program on one of my HR24's, that symbol showed up for any recording on that HR24. What's worse is that it interfered with auto-playback when it didn't in the past. I just rebooted my 54 and the issue went away. However, before the reboot, I couldn't auto-play all the recordings from a folder on a remote HR24. As soon as the current program ended and the mini's tried to switch to the next recording, it didn't realize that the mini itself was the one currently watching the show and failed because of too many connections. So the auto-playback of the next show failed. It also happened if I started playing one show and then tried to manually switch to a different recording. When I tried to switch, it told me it couldn't play the recording because there were too many already playing. I had to exit the program on the mini, wait a second for the mini to disconnect from the HR24 and for the symbol to disappear and then I could start playing a new show.

The [Family] designation is the name of the DVR that holds the recording

jimmie57 likes this.
  6. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    That symbol usually means you can't watch that program on that DVR. I get that often when I have watched something from On Demand then go to my other TV.

Like I watched an episode of McMillions from HBO on my HR24 from HBO On Demand and after watching I didn't delete it from my playlist. When I got to my HR44 or a C41W client it will have that symbol and if I try to play it it will tell me I need to watch it on the DVR it was recorded on. I only see that symbol in relation to On Demand programs.