1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* incorrectly blacking out Illini vs OSU game in STL

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Barcthespark, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    D* is blacking out the Illinois vs Ohio State game on KDNL 30 in St. Louis even though it is being broadcast OTA. Thankfully I have an antenna.

2. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    What do you have on 210-1? How about 206?

3. FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    So they are blacking out your local channel? Try 206. That's the channel the Illinois/OSU game is on if you aren't seeing it on your local ABC station. Also, check to see if you are getting the Okie State/Texas game on 210(-1).

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Here's the coverage maps if anyone is curious:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    One of the better listings you can get is http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm. The ESPN blackout maps are good as well but they don't come out until usually the day before.

6. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    Sorry guys, it was my mistake. But now that I've watched most of the game I wish it wouldv'e been blacked out.

7. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    VERY.... disappointing game... first game all season that I got to sit and watch the entire thing.

8. Barcthespark

Barcthespark Godfather

Dec 16, 2007
    It completely sucked and not only because the Illini lost. The game itself was unbelievably boring. No offense by either team and the coaching was atrocious, especially by Zook. :mad:

9. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Indeed, Earl. This Illinois alum was disgusted by Illinois's offense suddenly being AWOL.

If anyone was unconvinced before this game that Zook is not a very good head coach, this game should have sealed that description. Play calling was awful, and the decision to NOT use any of your THREE timeouts with a minute left to go in the half, when you could at least TRY to grab a field goal before time expires? Bizarre.

10. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    Things could be worse, you could be a Purdue fan. You'll get a chance to ruin our homecoming next weekend and PUs coach makes Zook look like a genius.

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    True. Run clock. Run clock. Call timeout at last second. Throw interception. Halftime!

12. jdh8668

jdh8668 Legend

Nov 7, 2007
    Was at the game. Zook's time management handling in the 4th quarter was atrocious. I think the wind was a big factor in the passing game. 20 to 30 mph gusts were coming from all directions. That's why Tattoo U only completed 1 pass and Scheelhause had alot of floaters. Went to the basketball scrimmage before the game. I like our new freshmen bigs. The other new freshmen seemed a step behind the whole scrimmage, like they had just rolled out of bed. Now I'm waiting for the 360 degree fancam pic to come online that they took at halftime. I'm the one in sec 303...holding up a beer.

13. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    When I was setting up games to record, ESPN showed it would either have the Illinois game or the Texas game. I checked my local ABC channel and they were showing the Illinois game, so I set ESPN to record the Texas game. I go to watch it and it says it's showing the Illinois game and it's blacked out. I came here to see what the deal was and find the Texas game is on 210-1. I set it to record, but then noticed the $ in the list and they are calling it a PPV game. So far, I don't see a charge for on on my acct and hope not to.

14. Skyboss

Skyboss Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    I feel sorry for you other Big 10 fans....

Nah, doesn't work for me either.... :icon_da: