1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Davey and Goliath to return to TV

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by gcutler, Aug 4, 2002.

1. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
  2. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    i thought davy and goliath were already back-pitching soft drinks!!!!!

3. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    That's just their summer job. :D

4. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Reruns of Davey and Goliath have been on one or more of the Sky Angel channels since I can remember!

Goodbye Daaaaaaaavvvy

See ya
    Tony

5. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I know the repeats are going to be available on DVD (or are already out). I wonder if they will make the new epsiodes look more modern or try to make them look exactly like the originals. I'm kind of on the side of making them look like the originals. But I think I am not the target audience anymore :D so they may have to fancy them up to keep todays kids glued to the TV???

6. dlsnyder

dlsnyder Godfather

Apr 24, 2002
    They were done very much like the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials of the same era and my kids (8 and 4) love them. I don't think kids necessarily need high-tech production values to hold their interest. All you really need is a compelling story with characters that they can relate to.

"The Thunderbirds" is also making a comeback on Tech-TV, also similarly low-tech. That one probably won't do as well with kids since it is on a channel not really known for children's programming.